News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Parts bike build thread!

Started by inanecathode, June 21, 2007, 11:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inanecathode

Clamps are almost done in solid works, just have to shave off a bit at the fork tube clamp (exact diameter wouldnt clamp, have to be a bit shorter than a perfect half circle). Looks good so far :D nice and easy to machine so hopefully the guy at my gf's dad's work wont freak when he gets the BP.
Tank has been epoxied (clear epoxy, can barely see it) and pored, curing the por as i type. Also i've got a coat of clear on the top portion of the tank, i'm freakin sick of flash rust.
I have the foam mold (if you can call it that) of the rear piece and the surround of my new gauge cluster saturated with resin and curing at the moment. Looks pretty good, just a few spots that need to get soaked again. I think i'll bondo over the whole thing once the resin is dry, should even it out alot better, might end up lookin pretty sharp!
I also got the bike speedo up to 104mph by hand today, i think it'll work fine :)
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////