Main Menu

yamaha maxim

Started by ColinthePilot, June 27, 2007, 12:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColinthePilot

A friend of mine has an 82 Maxim. he's burning through fuses on what he believes to be an accessory circuit (fuel guage, blinkers, etc) I know this is a vision forum but I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about the maxim. is the electrical system similar to the Vision? would any of the diagrams on ROV be useful for another '82 yamaha? thanks in advance.
Colin
It pissed me off, so I jammed a screwdriver into it, hit it with a hammer, and spun it around with a pair of vice grips. Let that serve as a warning

kwells

Some visions have similar probs to this but essentially there isnt a trick that I know of other than having to go through the circuits looking for where the short is. 
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

dj

Quote from: ColinthePilot on June 27, 2007, 12:26:41 PM
A friend of mine has an 82 Maxim. he's burning through fuses on what he believes to be an accessory circuit (fuel guage, blinkers, etc) I know this is a vision forum but I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about the maxim. is the electrical system similar to the Vision? would any of the diagrams on ROV be useful for another '82 yamaha? thanks in advance.

If he is burning through fuses then there is either a short in the circuit somewhere or he has aftermarket items (extra lights, radio, ...) that is causing excess draw through the circuit.  Not sure about his setup, but if he has it stock then there is definetly a short somewhere in the system.  He needs to carefully check all of his wires in that circuit (not just visually, he needs a multimeter and take a resistance measurement between each wire and a ground point and that will show which line is grounding out).
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)