News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

this is gonna hurt.....

Started by coldvision, June 29, 2007, 04:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coldvision

can i ask a favor.   if you are going to call me stupid   please just call me stupid     dont try to be funny about it    please     i wont think any less of anyone      if a tree branch to the face wont hurt me,  you cant      and thanks for the concern...

ColinthePilot

I would probably get complacent and eventually ride without a helmet or some other form of PPE, but lucky for me, I'm in the Air Force and the regs say i MUST wear everything head to toe all the time, on and off base. They want me to stay alive so I can be in great shape to get killed somewhere else. But you won't hear any criticism from me at this point. I'll say something once and after that, you've been informed and as a consenting adult, its your call. One of my friends just stopped wearing his one day and I talked to him once, then let it go. Anyway, have a good ride wearing whatever you like!
Colin
It pissed me off, so I jammed a screwdriver into it, hit it with a hammer, and spun it around with a pair of vice grips. Let that serve as a warning

h2olawyer

Quote from: coldvision on July 10, 2007, 04:40:07 PM
can i ask a favor.   if you are going to call me stupid   please just call me stupid     dont try to be funny about it    please     i wont think any less of anyone      if a tree branch to the face wont hurt me,  you cant      and thanks for the concern...

I wasn't thinking when I responded to the Darwin Award post.  I was chuckling about the awards themselves - not you.  I am a big proponent of all the gear all the time, but also favor personal freedom.  Wear what you have and be careful - we want you to enjoy your Vision for many years to come!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

dj

Quote from: ColinthePilot on July 10, 2007, 05:12:12 PM
I would probably get complacent and eventually ride without a helmet or some other form of PPE, but lucky for me, I'm in the Air Force and the regs say i MUST wear everything head to toe all the time, on and off base. They want me to stay alive so I can be in great shape to get killed somewhere else. But you won't hear any criticism from me at this point. I'll say something once and after that, you've been informed and as a consenting adult, its your call. One of my friends just stopped wearing his one day and I talked to him once, then let it go. Anyway, have a good ride wearing whatever you like!

Colin,  I noticed in your post that you are in the AF.  Where you stationed out of?  I've been in for about 6 years now, reupping this october for another 6.  I'm in the Maine Air National Guard.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

ColinthePilot

I'm at Randolph right now, getting ready to start Navigator training. Brand new Active 2Lt. (Ready for the jokes now :)  )
Colin
It pissed me off, so I jammed a screwdriver into it, hit it with a hammer, and spun it around with a pair of vice grips. Let that serve as a warning

dj

Quote from: ColinthePilot on July 11, 2007, 01:14:45 AM
I'm at Randolph right now, getting ready to start Navigator training. Brand new Active 2Lt. (Ready for the jokes now :)  )

Brand new butter bars are to fragile to make fun off.  They might just implode from the pressure.  ;D

JK, we gave our commander (prior enlisted) a hard time for the first few days when he got back from officer school as a butter bar.  Just think, you'll be getting promoted in what like 18-24 months or so.  Rank at those levels goes by pretty quick.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)