News:

Main Menu

Green light trigger

Started by Kevin, July 19, 2007, 10:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Does anyone have the green light trigger on their bike? I'm Invisible at a couple of lights going to work. >:(

Aelwulf

Not yet but it's on my wish list. :-\

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

kwells

check your local laws...you may be able to just run it after a certain number of cycles.  I consider them defective if my registered vehicle does not trigger them and treat them as nonworking.  I make a complete stop and continue on when clear.

I've read that strong magnets in your boots seem to work for some....just dont get stuck on a manhole cover or to the frame of your bike.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

kiawrench

i hav eone of the ones from greenlightstuff.com  original model  14.95..
it works very well, but it wont work on the double induction loop intersections- they use a different sequence to trip the light, (they look for two or more vehicles to trigger light )
but for most roads and lights - it works

web site :
http://www.greenlightstuff.com/trigger.html

keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

YellowJacket!

Tennessee passed a law a couple years ago that allows a MC rider to "run" a redlight if the sensor does not change the light after two full cycles.  Sure, thats great.  Both intersections that I have problems at are mammoth - like 50yds x 50yds and have the infamous red light cameras in them.  They are so busy that it would be suicide to make a left turn if the light did not trigger.
Some tips that I learned though.  I stop right on the sensor wire and use my foot to put my centerstand down on the ground on the area where the wire is. The sensor is magnetic.  If that does not work, I'll hit my starter button a few times to greate a larger magnetic field.  Or....I'll just wait for a car to pull up behind me.
I have not heard how well the triggers work though.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)