News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Found: One imported minor gremlin

Started by Aelwulf, July 01, 2007, 11:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aelwulf

Just a curiosity question: are the stock license lights two small ones with the flat glass ends?

Mine is a push 'n' turn bulb that I've a hunch isn't stock from how it's put on & all.  To top it off I think the wiring was kind of jury-rigged.  I stopped by Autozone tonight for a new bulb as I thought it was just out (or plain missing like one of my tail/brake lights was) and the new one didn't work either.  I've got a replacement assembly waiting, just need to pick it up.  figured I'd ask here about the bulbs and any oddball recommendations that might be useful one would never think of being new to the V.  Thanks. :)

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

h2olawyer

Looking at the pix in the other thread, your license plate light is not stock.  So, I have no real info to impart regarding the bulbs it may use.

Never had to replace a bulb back there, either - but most of the bulbs for gauges & idiot lights are similar to what you describe - they pull out & push in.  No threads.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tanno

hmm, somehow I don't think this was a gremlin'. This was a result of someone's ingenuity when they didn't do enough research for parts. That's all I see.
Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

Aelwulf

Yeah, hence the imported part.  It wasn't a gremlin for them (the type of light at least), but it being different and possibly having to redo the wires for the replacement is for me. :P There's been several little things like that on it.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)