News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

molded carb hoses & fuel filters

Started by Lucky, June 16, 2007, 12:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiawrench

note on fuel lines, for the what it is worth file-

my rider v- from petcock to filter, along bottom of tank to front edge, then back towards carbs, after open view fuel filter(peeking out from under front lip of tank, in the breeze) then back to carbs, stopping for a second in a after market fuel shut off valve from briggs and stratton(simple on off valve )
i used short sections of standerd fuel line ,and the black plastic fuel lines from a chrysler pt cruiser (cut to length and with curves already molded in),, total cost= free
. they will give away those sections of plastic fuel lines when they have them, easier than tossing into trash!
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Cdnlouie

I have often put a smaller piece of plastic hose inside (or something that bends and yet keeps the bent rubber from collapsing) and then put the hose in boiling water to stretch it and I usually leave it clamped in this form for a day or so and it begins to take on a pretty good molded shape.  Clamping the bend on the outside edges helps this process along while you leave it to get used to its new shape.

Works pretty well,