News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Fuse Box

Started by Pojo, August 25, 2004, 05:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pojo

I have finally gotten tired of my fuses always comming loose so i think i will get a new one.  my question is,     kind size prce and where to buy?

Superfly

Check out Lucky's site, the box is from Littlefuse, and also check out this post.

http://www.ghetti.net/cgi-bin/ROVBB/YaBB.pl?board=general;action=display;num=1091661252
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Lucky

Here you go: http://www.xz550.com/replmntparts.html bottom right hand of the page. it's mutch neater than individual blade fuses & it's cheaper too!
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Lucky

Superfly

Heh-heh... I am starting to learn a few things from the masters....
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Pojo

i noticed that on that box it will conly go up to 15 A,    i though teh V was 30A?

Lucky

I've had a 30A in there from day one it's been no problem.  I also soldered the wires to the lugs. this thing is plenty sturdy.

--Lucky

nvdranger

i could find that type at any store in my area and hard to get creative.  i used 4 of the inline mini fuse holders and soldered them in.  just my 2 cents if you cant find the blade type in your area.

Ken
'82 Vision project.  First Vision, First Bike.
Sometimes monkeys die, Sometimes monkeys die.  It not a good saying, but its a saying.

Pojo

Im sry if i said that wrong there but what i meant was that the onld fuses are 30 A.  and the box that you directed me to is only UP to 15 A (at least thats what theyre site says.)

sry about the confusion

h2olawyer

Pojo -

Lucky has used that same 15A rated box for quite a while.  He feels it is sufficient to run the 30A circuit through.  Hope that clears up Lucky's response to you!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.