News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

A short fourth ride.

Started by Brian Moffet, July 04, 2007, 10:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Moffet

I spent most of the morning and early afternoon at a local park, Wilder Ranch. They do a 1912 (this year) celebration with lots of local music talent, which includes the band that I'm in.  It's a lot of fun, some neat old houses, blacksmiths, horse rides, home-made ice cream. You the type of stuff.  And it's really comfortable, it's right on the coast so the temperatures are pretty mild.  Must have been around 75 or so.

Then I came home and decided to go out and work on the Sprite that I'm restoring.  However, the bike called my name for a short ride.  I started it up, which was fairly easy to do. I've bought a new battery, but I think it's defective.  However, it did start my bike.  I pulled out to King Street and rode that for about a mile until I reached Highway one north out of town.  After the light, I started out and headed to Davenport, a short 15 mile ride up the coast. I could definately feel the cool air from the ocean once I got out of town.  It was  a nice 45 minute round-trip ride.

In short, it was a nice straight ride up, not much traffic.  The bike ran great.  I didn't bring my camera, but I do have a photo of a previous trip up that way:

Brian Moffet

Oh yeah, I had forgotten, but one year ago on the fourth I started pulling the Vision apart...  It's good to have it back together...

Brian