VOT (Visions On Tour) or VIN (Visions In Need) Club- Inviting Discussion!

Started by Cdnlouie, July 07, 2007, 02:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cdnlouie

Hey all,

Just a thought that I am been thinking about for some time that is in the interest of promoting greater interaction with, and meetings, among Vision owners.  I am wondering if we could start a list of Vision owners who would be willing to host a Vision traveller(s) at their house.  Something like Visions On Tour (VOT) or Visions In Need (VIN) whereby we have people who volunteer to host anyone who sets up a tour through their area, whether it is one or two travellers, or a bigger group.

Tiger and I did this rather successfully this spring with our ONROV meet in May.  It really helped to have someone who provided some food or housing and then people can save a few dollars and come in and have a good time and a great ride.

As our bikes age and become more of a rarity this can be particularly helpful in maintaining enthusiasm for the bike and building helpful relationships among fellow owners, as well as just increase the enjoyment of some great classic rides.  The Colorado trip was a good blueprint (sadly missed this time) as well as the ONROV, and CAROV, who have provided parts access and contingency plans to help someone if something goes wrong.

Now all of this depends upon getting to know one another better and finding out who can be counted on for support, etc. and making sure no one gets taken advantage of, so we can promote really good events.
Anyway, this is just to see how some of you feel about that and any ideas about how it should work (or not work) and if you would be game.

Speaking for myself, I am happy to volunteer for the VOT or VIN club, whatever you what to call it and if contacted sufficiently far in advance will try to accommodate you all if you decide to be in my neck of the world.  We can work out a few rules and perhaps provide a feedback mechanism for good visitors, so that this privilege might become a pleasant experience for all.

Hope you are all enjoying your summer riding,

Louie

YellowJacket!

I have had an "Open invitation" out for a while.  Includes room with its own bathroom and a couple of my burgers.  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

dj

Don't have a lot of room at my place, but there are two couches that people could crash on and a lawn for tents.  Anyone comin through central maine, just give me a call and let me know if you need a place to "crash".

The only stipulation is that you have to help work on my bike!  :P
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

Ron_McCoy

We think this is a great idea. CROV riders have had open invitation to visit or call for help when in our area, and we are willing to extend this to ROV riders from anywhere.  We have a couple of spare rooms and welcome a visit from fellow Visionaries.  Just give us a little advance notice. We're in Tehachapi, Ca.

Ron and Sharon

Tiger

Quote from: Ron_McCoy on July 07, 2007, 04:36:57 PM
We think this is a great idea. CROV riders have had open invitation to visit or call for help when in our area, and we are willing to extend this to ROV riders from anywhere.  We have a couple of spare rooms and welcome a visit from fellow Visionaries.  Just give us a little advance notice. We're in Tehachapi, Ca.

Ron and Sharon

8) DITTO...We are in Erin, a village located a wee bit north of Toronto, Ontario...some great road's around here, as some of the OnROV will tell you. Always willing to accommodate, when/where possible 8) 8) 8)

8).......John & Cathy....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

X-Vision

Vision or no vision, always glad to help, count me in! For CROV it's been like this all along. It would be wonderful to implement this world wide! Go Visions!

In Bakersfield,
                                                                                          Sal "X-Vision" Chavez 

X-Vision

VOT (Visions On Tour) or VIN (Visions In Need) how about VIS (Vision in Sight)? Any other suggestions?

Night Vision

CdnLouie left my house this morning headed for the Adirondacks... I'm jealous
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano