Main Menu

tools

Started by Kevin, July 17, 2007, 11:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Maybe I do need glasses, I thought these looked cool so I ordered a set.  www.tooltagz.com

ProfessorRex

In no way do i need glasses, but man, great idea!  Thanks for the link.
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

ColinthePilot

Don't need glasses to spend 15 min digging for the right socket. I'm ordering those for my friend's toolbox.
Colin
It pissed me off, so I jammed a screwdriver into it, hit it with a hammer, and spun it around with a pair of vice grips. Let that serve as a warning

kiawrench

another cool tool for vision riders-- gearwrench is now offering a set called "quad box" it is 4 ratcheting wrench heads per single wrench body,, a set of two covers almost all of a vision riders needs ,see at :
http://www.gearwrench.com/catalog/wrenches/ratcheting/quadbox/

you can buy these at lowe's for 29.99, they come as set of two wrenches, a set of screwdriver bits, an adapter .   they work well, dont hurt your hand in use and fit into a biker's tool roll like they were designed just for us .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

YellowJacket!

I have a set called "Metriwrench" (Kias european cousin) ;D  It is both SAE and metric in each socket.  Put it on one way and its SAE.  Turn it a quarter turn and its Metric.  Works great and has outlasted many of my other tools and has not stripped a head yet.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

kiawrench

lol dave, i remember those!  billy mays got his career started selling those on late night tv , and then once they were in high demand, you couldnt buy a set with three times the money!!

if i remember the ads correctly, the sockets fit sae,metric,old british standard and a lot of rounded off stuff too.   i wish i had bought a set ,but i confess, i was a snap-on snob for a lot of years!  now i have a good deal of money invested in tools that are all sitting idle in my warehouse ,, (since i rarely work on cars now )
and best offer i have gotten was well under ten percent of what i have in them all.

i think Lucky can understand that feeling,,,,
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .