News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Co. winters getting ya down ?

Started by supervision, July 19, 2007, 08:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supervision

Relieve that cabin fever, with a blast of Adrenaline. 

Just thought this looks bad ass, and fun!
" border="0

Night Vision

hey, "we" get snow too 'ya know,,

that is so much cooler than a traditional sled.... Yamaha SNO550 right?
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

kwells

hard to tell which is the front.  That thing makes you really lean it through the turns.  What blast that thing would be.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Brian Moffet

Quote from: kwells on July 20, 2007, 02:13:14 AM
hard to tell which is the front.

The side with the headlight silly  :o

h2olawyer

Looks like a great way to spend some time in the snow.  However, I don't think it would do well in unpacked snow.  Would probably sink right to the bottom.

Frankly, I'd rather have one of these.  That way, I can take a group of friends into the backcountry & do some awesome skiing!

This one is for sale - $15,000 without passenger cabin.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

or you could just hitch a ride on one at Copper Mtn.  We'll have to hit that up this winter H2

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

But at Copper, you still have to buy a lift ticket.  If you owned your own snow cat, you just have to worry about fuel & hauling costs.  Find the right place, & you can store it there, going up to use it when time permits.  I'd definitely want to refresh my avalanche knowledge, though.

Still, you're right.  We'll have to spend a few days at Copper riding that rig.  I may even get a season pass for this winter - especially if it has a few Steamboat days included.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

well this year the pass is just under 500 but does include 6 days at Steamboat which makes that extra 100 over the regular pass a steal.  Wonder what mileage one of those rigs gets per gallon?

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

I'm sure they don't sip fuel, but at least they're diesel.  I know they can make a full day's worth of trips up & down the mountains around Ski Cooper without refueling.  That's about 12 runs plus the ride out & back.  (www.skicooper.com/chicagoRidge.html)  They charge $225 per day now.  When I was skiing there for a few winters, they were only charging about $100 - that was less than 10 years ago!

$500 isn't bad at all.  Steamboat daily tix are about $80.  Just the 6 days there would almost pay for the entire pass.  My first Season pass at Steamboat was $75!  True, that was a "Junior" pass, but it was valid every day with no blackout dates.  Think that was in the early '70s.  Before that, my dad was a National Ski Patrolman.  He got a free ticket for every day he worked.  He never went skiing for fun, so I got all the free tix.   ;D

H2O

kwells

Im still waiting to see if they start offering the locals any deals on those passes.  Will probably go with the copper over the 5 mtn vail pass because of the steamboat deal.  Plus, I have friends with condos at both copper and steamboat so Id truly be set up this year!

www.wellsmoto.com