News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Black "Beauty" lives.

Started by dj, July 22, 2007, 08:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dj

I did some more work to the blue bike this weekend and it still wouldn't start?!?  That bike is really stumping me.

So I diverted my efforts today towards the new aquisition that I lovingly call Black "Beauty".  She is a little rough around the edges, but I only put 5 hours into her today (some organ transplants from the blue bike) and she is running and idling.

The idle is a little rough, but that is because the rebuilt carbs from the blue bike (now on black beauty) haven't been synced yet.  I'm going to be putting air in the tires (they are a bit slack from sitting and tonight when my wife gets home from work I'll be taking her for a spin around the block.

So far what I have done to her is:

Transplant the R/R from the blue bike (seems to be charging fine)
Transplant the battery
Transplanted the newly rebuilt carbs
Transplanted the newly rebuilt petcock
Oh, and I have the blue tank on her right now as that is the one that has the gas in it.  To lazy to drain the blue one and fill the black one right now.

And fired her up.  She was very rough on the idle and then I remembered that I hadn't put in the new plugs yet.  So I put the new plugs in (the old ones were black, sooty, and the nastiest plugs I have ever seen) and she idles pretty smooth.  There is some hesitation when I give it a quick twist of the throttle (the sync issue), but other then that I have her idling at 1500 rpms.  I give her some gas and the rpms drop right back down with in under two seconds.

Man it is so nice to have a running bike in the driveway again.  As soon as I started it back up after putting in the new plugs and swapping the parts over it started purring (more like a low growl), and I got the biggest grin on my face and yelled in excitement forcing some very weird looks from the neighbors.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Can't wait for Sarah to get home.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

YellowJacket!

YYYYEEEEEEEHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!

Another one is born!

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Tiger

8) Congrat's dj...Now you are going to have to do N_V's ride when I come over in September ;D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

louthepou

Way to go!

Hip hip hurray!

Etc...

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

dj

Quote from: Tiger on July 23, 2007, 06:55:07 AM
8) Congrat's dj...Now you are going to have to do N_V's ride when I come over in September ;D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

I still have some more work before she is road legal.  The tires that are on her are weather cracked, so I need to swap the tires from the blue bike over, plus I need to fix the right mirror on the fairing (it cracked off the bracket at the very top).

But I'll be taking her out for a quick rip after I put the handle bar mirrors on her and once my wife gets the insurance and registration done today.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)