News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

it's been awhile,.......

Started by reckon, July 28, 2007, 06:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reckon

I went to work one monday, and work wasn't there anymore   :o

the owner sold the place, and fired everybody with no notice      >:(

took awhile to get working, and back to "normal",...

but I did, and I am (subjectively speaking of course)   :D

my 82' now has 14K on her and still just runs and rides perfectly, and I ride her everyday

I noticed my petcock is oozing, so where is the best place to get the 82' petcock rebuild kits??

"if it's stupid but it works, it's no longer stupid"

QBS

Good to see you back.  Been wondering where you went.  At 14k miles on your bike you need to start planning your starter clutch reattachment operation.  There is an Ebay source for the '82 petcock rebuild kit.  I think it's Canadian based.  The name Sirus comes to mind.  I and others here have done business with them.  For me, its been a while and I can't remember anything more about the transaction.  All the Best.

Tiger

??? When you own a Vision, what's normal ??? ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;) Good to see you back and know that you and your "V" are still one... 8)

Re: The petcock, here is the link you need... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-XS400-XJ550-XZ550-FJ600-PETCOCK-REPAIR-KIT_W0QQitemZ280137007201QQihZ018QQcategoryZ35597QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

...and you can go direct...and save a wee bit ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)       
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Kevin

I have noticed your absence. Stick around,your advice is welcome. 

reckon

Quote from: QBS on July 28, 2007, 10:29:56 PM
Good to see you back.  Been wondering where you went.  At 14k miles on your bike you need to start planning your starter clutch reattachment operation.  There is an Ebay source for the '82 petcock rebuild kit.  I think it's Canadian based.  The name Sirus comes to mind.  I and others here have done business with them.  For me, its been a while and I can't remember anything more about the transaction.  All the Best.

funny you should mention that, a couple of times when starting it did a "ka-CHUNK" and did not engage, but worked fine the next time.  coming from the old virago skool, I am used to starters sounding like a box full of rocks.   I'll look at the many, many posts on the starter clutch and figure out how I'll go at mine. 

I saw that Ebay link for the petcock rebuild kits, and after hearing your testimonials, I'll order one.

thank you all again

I still am looking for a parts bike in the greater SF bay area, I found two, but one was sold before I got there, and the other I was too broke to go pick up when it was being sold.

sooner or later

"if it's stupid but it works, it's no longer stupid"

kiawrench

alright! we got our other fabrication master back!

between you and kevin, we may all have custom bikes that the dealer cant figure out!
good to see you back, hope you can chime in now and again(when possible)

i too may soon be out of work, seems my company and us govt arent on same page anymore.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .