I started tinkering on a Parts bike

Started by Superfly, July 29, 2007, 09:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfly

I swear, be careful!  They come back to life!

I was running out of room in my garage, and I needed to make some room.  I had pushed this bike to the back a while ago, and was debating what to do with it.  So, I pulled the bike out, dusted it off, and started tinkering away at it.  Grab a set of carbs, stator, and a gas tank, some electrical work, some engine adjustments, and she started right up and was running.  Had a chance to take the bike around the block, and it's running and charging. 

I really like the look of the round headlight on the Vision. 

A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Coil Coyle

Tiger

:) Way to go, another "V" resurrection...Congrat's 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

[jh]

I really like the round head light also. Is the seat custom? It looks really good.
wow!

Superfly

Thanks!

I almost forgot how fun ( and frustrating...) working on these bikes are.  As soon as you get over the initial quirks of the bike, they really come together fast. 

The seat is really cool, it looks custom (I did not do it, it came with the bike) and it really lowers the riding position.  It would be great for the shorter riders.

louthepou

Hey there Super, mighty fine looking parts bike...

:)

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Aelwulf

Seems to strike me as a Steve McQueen kinda bike with the round light. ;)

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

Ron_McCoy

Looks like you'll have a Vision running for the CROV fall ride.

Superfly

[jh]

where does this fall ride take place?
wow!

h2olawyer

Not entirely set as yet, but looking like south central California - Tehachapi - sort of near Bakersfield.  Possibly in Johnsondale, CA but a few things have to work out for it to be there.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

[jh]

wow!

X-Vision

Looks good! Keep it running Pete! The BIG QUESTION is "How many V's this time around?" 

will it be 15?..17?.. how bout 20!!! Can CROV come up with that many Visions this time around?