Main Menu

250cc vision!!!

Started by Tiger, July 30, 2007, 04:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) Not quite the right place to put this, however, its more a "Look-see-comment" topic... ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-vision-250-06-vision-250-new-yamaha-suzuki-kawasaki-honda_W0QQitemZ280138746139QQihZ018QQcategoryZ6719QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

h2olawyer

A Chinese cheapie!  I like how they say over & over how reliable it is & has spark plugs and throttle body carburetor of Japanese manufacture.  The description makes it sound like they supply engines to Honda, etc. - but they're just saying it's just as reliable.  Bet it starts falling apart within a few hundred miles.

We ought to join with Victory to claim trademark infringement!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

16 HP!!!???  Is it a Moped with a little Attitude??

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

ColinthePilot

With innovative features like... Wheels and...exhaust pipes. Yamaha and honda have those features too...see we're just as good.
Colin
It pissed me off, so I jammed a screwdriver into it, hit it with a hammer, and spun it around with a pair of vice grips. Let that serve as a warning

YellowJacket!

Whats up with the crash bars too?  Looks like you can completely roll over and stand it back up again without getting off.

:o

David

louthepou

Victory has a Vision, and now this 'Ktmex' corp. names this one a Vision... Man, where is the world going!  ;D
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

ColinthePilot

Next one is the McDonald's Happy Meal Vision...Collect them all!
Colin
It pissed me off, so I jammed a screwdriver into it, hit it with a hammer, and spun it around with a pair of vice grips. Let that serve as a warning

ps2/bikevision

i like how the headlight is only as high as the bumper of that dodge.  i bet my knees would be at my chest while riding that thing. looks like it would be cool for a 12 year old ;D

Walt_M.

I am utterly speechless!
Whale oil beef hooked!

Night Vision

careful that you don't overlook the the good parts of that chopsicle.....

"Front Suspension TWIN" does come in handy, and is prefered over the forks that only have suspension in one leg.
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Night Vision on July 31, 2007, 04:43:38 PM
"Front Suspension TWIN" does come in handy, and is prefered over the forks that only have suspension in one leg.

Talk to Greg Branche  :)

Brian

Night Vision

Quote from: Brian Moffet on July 31, 2007, 06:23:39 PM
Talk to Greg Branche  :)

GTS 1000's don't have typical two legged forks...  ;)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

h2olawyer

They don't even have atypical two legged forks!   :D ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

Quote: "This streamline design motor is optimized to be extremely fuel efficient yet tuned to perform with maximum torque & power."

Maximum torque and power!?!??! is 16.9 maximum for a 250cc?  Yeah, and I'd just love to hear how it sounds too.  phhhbbbbbttt  pppffhhhhbbbt ppppfffhhhbbbtt

It kinda reminds me of one of those "bargain" bikes you can get at PepBoys around Christmas time.  ;D

David

It does look kinda cool though.  :o

Lucky

reminds me of what someone (not me) once said:
mopeds are like fat girls, they're both fun to ride 'till your buddys see you on one...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

ColinthePilot

HEY! I rode a moped sporadically for a few months and rode it with pride....it was my roommate's but it got 100mpg so he didn't care if i took it out.
Colin

George R. Young

Hmmm, polish wheels.

I have to wonder though, maybe it has a good alternator.

YellowJacket!

Quote from: DaveTN on July 31, 2007, 09:05:33 PM
Quote: "This streamline design motor is optimized to be extremely fuel efficient yet tuned to perform with maximum torque & power."

Maximum torque and power!?!??! is 16.9 maximum for a 250cc?  Yeah, and I'd just love to hear how it sounds too.  phhhbbbbbttt  pppffhhhhbbbt ppppfffhhhbbbtt

It kinda reminds me of one of those "bargain" bikes you can get at PepBoys around Christmas time.  ;D

David

It does look kinda cool though.  :o

heh heh heh....

you'll never guess what was in last Sundays paper ads...  Pepboys has the same bike for 2000.00.  I guess it's getting closer to Christmas.  ;D

David

markmakeitso

To be honest, $2k is pretty close to Rebel 250 pricing, a much safer bet for reliability and parts availability. I bought mine for $500 several years ago, and aside from 2 dumpings (both rendered courtesy of friends learning to ride) It's been almost 100% trouble free. A bit less impressive than the Vision or the Duc, but tons less maintenance. Alright, off my soapbox.

YellowJacket!

I actually had a chance to ride a new Rebel and Virago at my MSF course and liked both of them a lot.  Aside from being 250cc bikes, they had a fairly comfortable pickup/acceleration.

David