bull dozer??

Started by mdskinner731, October 09, 2007, 06:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdskinner731

i dont kno if any one here would kno but.. in the begining of the summer my dad stumbled across a mini bull dozer.. well he bought it for $250 its about 4 ft wide 5-1/2  long and it has 2 tracks.. with a electric 12 volt screw jack to lift the bucket.. its powered by a 12 horse briggs engine iv never seen one before and i was wondering if any one could tell me more im trying to get it going before winter just to see what kind of snow it will move just for the hell of it
"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law

ironb12s

It's gasoline, not diesel?  Then follow the same steps as if it were a Vision.  Starter  fluid may help, but fresh fuel and spark plugs are likely the top items.  It's got a big lawn mower engine in it, so the mechanics of that would apply.
SOC-UK 19744*MIG 821*IBA 9200*AMA 580210
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Book: "She don't look like much."
KayLee: "'Ah-uh, she'll fool ya."

ColinthePilot

never seen one that small...sounds cool.
Colin
It pissed me off, so I jammed a screwdriver into it, hit it with a hammer, and spun it around with a pair of vice grips. Let that serve as a warning

mdskinner731

well it ran when we got it.. and it still runs now.. the only problem is that some one replaced the pulleys.. yay all new.. whats wrong is that they bought the "5L" series pullys and some "4L".. so.. the belts go round the pullies and dont drive it, if it has any resistance.. and yes its gas
Redneck Law

Night Vision

Quote from: mdskinner731 on October 09, 2007, 06:34:31 PM
... mini bull dozer..
....... im trying to get it going before winter just to see what kind of snow it will move just for the hell of it

in case anyone is wondering why he wants a bulldozer to move snow..... well.... 10 feet of it, in a week, is one reason... 

shoulda gotten one of these!
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

ironb12s

Well, why didn't say it was slippin' belts, dude?  Take the old ones off, mosey down to the auto parts store and get ones shorter, but not by a lot, mind, or ya won't get 'm on...
SOC-UK 19744*MIG 821*IBA 9200*AMA 580210
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Book: "She don't look like much."
KayLee: "'Ah-uh, she'll fool ya."

Lucky

here is a good Forum for small engines, i like the 2 cycle forum

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/forumdisplay.php?f=107

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

ColinthePilot

lets get a pic of this mini dozer. I'd like to see it
Colin
It pissed me off, so I jammed a screwdriver into it, hit it with a hammer, and spun it around with a pair of vice grips. Let that serve as a warning

mdskinner731

well we didnt get it for just snow.. we got it b/c it looked cool and we never seen one b4..  and the problem w/ the pullies is that the "5L" pullies are to wide and the v-belts just slip because of not enough friction.. ill try to post a pic or two later
Redneck Law

mdskinner731

here try this link... i couldnt remeber my photobucket password so they locked my account for a while.. opps...
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=64547184&albumId=1327909
Redneck Law

kiawrench

i think  those, and others were available as build to order ,they were meant for golf course greenskeepers and similar professional landscaping companies.  i used to see a guy in el paso using his all over town. his was built by kyoto industries--- you can go here and get all th einfo you could ever need on those small dozers   http://groups.msn.com/SmallCrawlerBulldozers

another great forum based group like us .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .