Great bike weekend

Started by ColinthePilot, August 12, 2007, 04:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColinthePilot

This weekend was great. Started out with a friday off and going tubing down the river here near San Antonio. My friend decided he wanted an older bike, mainly out of jealousy of my V. Saturday we found a couple on craigslist; one '84 Honda Shadow and an 81 honda CB750. We went and looked at both. Both were in amazing condition. I forgot what old bikes were like when they'd been taken care of for their whole lives. I've been working on old junkyard bikes for a few years and they all have gremlins. These were both almost perfect. Since my friend lacks any bike experience, i had the pleasure of test driving both. We came home, and he chose the CB750 for both price and "cool old bike" factor. We went back today, gave the guy a check and I had even more pleasure of riding it about 30 min of old twisty country roads back to its new home. We pulled over at a gas station, the kinda country place where bikers stop on rides, and ran into an 82 Seca 400 and an old Goldwing. I ended up teaching the seca guy all about his lack of YICS (he thought it was YKS). Had a fun gatorade and a smoke for 20 min and then parted ways and rode back to base. That old bike was a joy to ride. not quite as good as the V but its a ride for me until the V gets running and my friend gets his MSF course taken care of.
How was everyone else's weekend?
Colin
It pissed me off, so I jammed a screwdriver into it, hit it with a hammer, and spun it around with a pair of vice grips. Let that serve as a warning