News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Lake Erie circumnavigation this coming weekend. Any takers?

Started by Dan Byers, August 06, 2007, 10:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Byers

Well..I no longer have my beloved Vision (casualty of a divorce) but I'm riding again on an overachiever of a bike ('07 Kaw 250 Ninja) and still kinda feel connected with you guys in a weird way.. ???
A bud and I (he on his SV650S) are planning a three day trip around the old Lake that's Erie. We'll be leaving this Friday morning and returning Sunday night. Departure from the Akron/Cleveland area. Motels both nights. Secondary scenic roads whenever possible.

Would be great to ride with a V or two!

BTW...I went on a 260 mile ride this past Sat. and am AMAZED at what this little bike can do! On one long stretch in S. Ohio I opened her up and was at 104 on my GPS!! I think my V only got up to 110 once. Just gotta get used to turning 9K on the freeway!

Brian_Matthewson

A popular mod for the 250 Ninja is to install a countershaft sprocket with one more tooth and a rear sprocket with two less teeth. I think you can retain your existing chain. This drops your cruising RPM by quite a bit (20%?) but you give up some low end acceleration. Can't have it all ;D
Brian
1982 Vision rider from 1991 to 2012.

Dan Byers

Brian,
  I ent to the 15T front and left it at that. It made a nice difference w/out sacrificing much get up and go!

Brian_Matthewson

Dan..
That's the way to make that change...change 1 & see how you like it.
Glad you're happy with the results.
Brian
1982 Vision rider from 1991 to 2012.