News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

DaveTN - Runner Up for Darwin Awards

Started by YellowJacket!, August 13, 2007, 02:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Sheesh.  Damn near kilt myself and a few other people today.  I was at a customers house doing some computer work today and I noticed that my customer was fiddling with something.  I asked him what it was and he said its a can of pepper spray.  He had it in one of his bags and had dropped it and it split apart.  He was trying to snap it back together when I volunteered my technical expertise and told him the cannister was upside down.  He handed it to me and I rearranged the cannister and snapped the case back together and SHHHHHHHHSHSHHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHHS!!!!!!!!!  The damn thing discharged inside a 10X12 office.  I yelled GET OUT! and held my breath as the four of us ran out of the room and closed the door but the damage was done.  We were freakin couging and gagging and wheezng and just about puking, but the dogs were not....funny. Their son, who is a marine went in and opened the windows up and came out with the cannister and said "Ouch, CS....We use that stuff. Its pretty nasty!"
It took over an hour for the room to clear, as well as the rest of the house and now, 2 hours later, I'm still feeling it.  We washed off as much of the residue as we could.  Fortunately, none of us were directly hit by the spray.  It hit a printer and a wall.
So, next time someone asks me if I can fix some pepper spray I'm going to tell them to throw the darn thing out.  :o

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

haunter

:D

now thats funny!

glad to hear you all made it out OK!
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

h2olawyer

ROFLMHO!!!

Not funny at the time, I'm sure but one of those things that gets better with the passage of time - kind of like airing out the room.

Remember that event if you ever decide to install nitrous oxide on your V!!!!  At least you would get a good laugh out of it while that was discharging.   ;D  :D  ;D  :D

(Glad nobody received a direct hit.)

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Night Vision

that's not a runner-up .... that's a winner!
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

h2olawyer

Actually, it's just an "Honorable Mention"  only because nobody actually died in the production of the humorous moment.  Doesn't lessen the humor of it, though.   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

I have still been coughing a bit and my eyes were watering a little then I realized that i still have the same shirt on and while working out in the garage, my sweat may have reactivated some of the residue.  snort snort.

David

h2olawyer

Quote from: DaveTN on August 13, 2007, 04:54:38 PM
I have still been coughing a bit and my eyes were watering a little then I realized that i still have the same shirt on and while working out in the garage, my sweat may have reactivated some of the residue.  snort snort.

David

D'oh!

Good thing you're a respiratory therapist!

H2O

YellowJacket!

It was no comparison to Lucky's "Burnin Stator Hot Sauce".  BTW, Lucky's hot sauce is REALLY REALLY good!

David

h2olawyer

Thanks for the reminder - I've got an empty tabasco bottle to send him!

I'm still getting a chuckle from your story.   :D

H2O

ColinthePilot

sorry, but i saw that coming from the instant i read "pepper spray." Hilarious.
Colin
It pissed me off, so I jammed a screwdriver into it, hit it with a hammer, and spun it around with a pair of vice grips. Let that serve as a warning

dj

We're not laughing at you Dave, we're laughing in your general direction.  Once the tears stop and we can focus, then we will be laughing at you.   ;D
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)