News:

Main Menu

Forgot something!!!

Started by Tiger, August 18, 2007, 05:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) After replacing the rev' counter and giving the Vision an oil/filter change I took the wife out on the "V" today for a couple hour's, just around the local road's. Living in a rural area gives me some great riding right on my doorstep 8) Anyhooooo, we had done approx' 30 'ish mile's when, at 60'ish M.P.H. the "V" lost power and died...w.t.f!!! I had done a 300 mile's + trip during the week, nooooo problem w.t.f... ??? I reached down and flipped the petcock to prime...uh-uh...switched to reserve...she hacked, farted and burst into life again. A few miles up the road I switched her back to "run"...O.K. for a while and she died AGAIN w.t.f. is going on here...I filled her up the other day, can't be gas ::) flipped to reserve and she ran O.K...weird ::) Traveled about 10 or 15 mile's and came across a gas station, pulled in to the side to check the gas line and remove the gas cap..possible vapor lock ??? Huh, found the problem right away... :-[ :-[ :-[ Ummmmmm, cough, it appear's that :-[ cough I hadn't filled her up the other day after all :-[  ;D :D :D :D :D What a dickhead I am ;D :D :D :D :D Ah well, at least I was at a gas station and not marooned on one of our rural road's, with no cell phone and a bitchin' wife on my case... ::) After putting in 3.5 gallon's...the most I've ever put in :o.. off we went again. Pulled in after a wee while for a coffee...and a good giggle :-[ She certainly runs allot better with gas in the tank...The "V" that is ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!