Looking Good Out there Today

Started by kwells, August 19, 2007, 01:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

Gonna have to go on a ride somewhere.  I'm starting to run out of new spots to hit that aren't 150 miles away.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

I spent the weekend at a couple fun events here - yesterday I say a hot rod show with tons of cool cars.  Rat Rods, restorations, survivors, Willy's Gassers, even a DeTomaso Pantera (for sale - $48K).  Some really cool stuff.

Today I went to a R/C fly-in.  They were featuring "Big Wings" meaning anything from 25% to 40% scale.  Lots of good pilots & really cool planes.  In September, they're having a  Warbirds fly-in.  I'll have to get video of that!  The B-29 that drops the X-1 which has been linked on a video here sometime recently will be there & they're having a pylon race with 12 warbirds racing at the same time.  Should be a fun few hours.

As for nearby roads - you're going to have to do some longer rides, now.  Try to get down to Gunnison & ride the back road on the North side of Black Canyon.  Supposed to be one of Colorado's gems.  Plus, you get to ride Monarch Pass as a bonus!

The Red Bull Air Races are going to be in Monument Valley sometime - I haven't looked at the schedule yet.  Would be fun to combine a Monument Valley ride with a day of watching those guys fly.  I've seen them on TV a couple times & they really are awesome.  Talk about lots of Photo ops!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.