News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Importing / exporting

Started by Lead_Deficiency, August 21, 2004, 07:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lead_Deficiency

Hey guys

Has anyone ever imported a vehicle to Canada from the States, You have to have some paper work to the US customs 3 days before the bike is allowed to cross over  :-[. also anyone have any idea of the life expectancy on an engine?

Thanks

Lead

Lucky

Hmm, not sure, you could ask Art VanDelay.. (5 more points to whoever gets that referance)

Seriously though, best bet would be to find a car dealer who ships cars up from Florida, it's a very common thing. they probably could give you all the info you need.

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Lead_Deficiency

Art Vandelay,  that's pretty good George ;D

Lucky

5 points to the man with the maple leaf on his lapel.
(If you didn't get it, it's from "Sienfeld")
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Venture

I've looked into this before. This information is on the Canadian Government webpage, www.canada.ca.  This is the contact information to import vehicles from the United States. Good luck!!!

Registrar of Imported Vehicles
405 The West Mall
Toronto ON  M9C 5K7

Telephone: (416) 626-1803
1-888-848-8240 (toll free from Canada and the United States)
Fax: 1-888-346-8235
Internet:www.riv.ca

QBS

Regarding life expectancy:  Depends very much on vehical use and maintenance.  A resonably ridden and properly maintained V engine should deliver at least 150,000 miles of service.  My '83 has approx. 82,000 miles on it.  The engine has never been removed from the frame, and the heads have never been removed.  When I can get gas to the carbs dependably, it will red line 5th gear.

Cheers.