News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

another custom Vision

Started by Night Vision, August 24, 2007, 08:52:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Vision

http://www.xz550.de/tp3/index.php?id=143&type=1&tx_gooffotoboek_pi1_fid=3

you can arrow fore and aft to see other views

thought Kia would like this one  ;)

be nice..... don't go badmouthin :-X a cousin.....
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

kwells

the devil one with amazon print seat is awesome!
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

YellowJacket!

Yeah, dod you see the black cat walking in front of it too?  Awesome effect.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Superfly

A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

kiawrench

Night V-- you found the very bike i am slowly working my project bike into !!

i am still pondering the virtues of chopping the rear frame extension and tweaking it a bit more narrow, but that is mostly where my project bike is headed! i am 80 percent done with th ebike, just have to reconfigure seating and keep it safe! as for rear fender-- mine is hacked wheel well skirt from a trailer kit right now, a bit too wide and a lot too unpainted, but covers the rubber !

i still have a stock 82 front end too,, but have a friend making me a new top plate when school is in session, and mine will be running black gaiters --- not a long distance bike, but will sure get attention during bike week (if for no other reason than the pipes are louder than mac set -- makes real pretty blue jets out of each side when you rev it up too, so may have to build an arrestor of some sort, prevent nearby foliage damage
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

h2olawyer

Actually, you ought to install a propane injector in the exhaust.  See if you can get the flames shooting several feet out the pipes!   ;D

Actually, looking forward to seeing pix!  Good luck with the project, Kia!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Night Vision

Quote from: kiawrench on August 26, 2007, 05:09:15 PM

....as for rear fender-- mine is hacked wheel well skirt from a trailer kit right now, a bit too wide and a lot too unpainted, but covers the rubber !

looks like  ::) ^^^  ::)    nice custom fenders for the V are difficult to find indeed.... surely you could find an FX bobber fender lying around during bike week
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

kiawrench

nv--
     i have a fender from a sportster that is real close - am debating having all the holes welded up, the work out the struts and use that -- it fits pretty close ,and still keeps the bobber look without much of a fuss .   i am wanting the struts to be hidden,so i was thinking ,have a pair of slots cut in and run the struts under the skin, this way the outside is relatively  smooth and clean . all the excess can be removed from the forward end, keeping the little flip up in the steel is sort of key to the overall look

i will have to figure exhaust out - i cant ride it like it is, ,it will run, but not well, it needs more back pressure , even after drastically rejetting . we are looking at modifying a set of old school bub slingshot pipes,   and just reducing the amount of baffle wrap , but it will be a long, straight pipe look . so far ,cutting the pipes and reducing the diameter is our holdup- may just slit the pipes, neck them down and see what happens (sort of like slip ons ). if it works, can always have the pipes re-chromed , or ceramic coated .
       that darn seat was't fun either   had to make my own mounting bracket and then deal with the look of it all ,,, still sux as far as appearnce goes, and money is running out for playing, guess i need to turn a few dollars and then come back to it .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .