News:

Main Menu

More clues

Started by GT @ oh., August 30, 2007, 09:19:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GT @ oh.

While trying to figure things out....... I pulled spark plugs and.......... rear one was black .....front was a bit to white......... so thats not good.......... and while trying to adjust the pilots..... the rear didnt do much if anything compared to front. A couple weeks ago it started to backfire and wouldn't hold a idle so...I started it the next day still no idle .... I left choke on to keep it going then adjusted front pilot slightly...... which brought the idle up and it held idle. gonna have to get these things synched someday  :-[      Also been having a few blown fuses..... so needed to replace box again...... but couldn't find one around here....... so I went with inlines...... abit cluttered :-[ but......works.Changed out the rear gear fluid...... and man was it bad...... and after only 25 years ;D....seems to run a bit cooler. I'll change again next season just cause it was so bad. :-[          Need to flush out my brake system.....took off top of master cyl. and alot of residue and fluid is dark brown......gonna replace sightglass while I'm at it.      Figured I should replace pads as well...... got almost 10,000mi. on originals ...........How many miles should you get out of pads???  There doesn't seem to be a consensus on which pads to replace with.....was thinking aftermarket sintered... but hate to ruin rotor prematurely :-\ maybe just go with yamaha less I get sticker shock.

kwells

the fact that your rear adjustment doesnt 'change' anything leads me to believe that you have something clogged in that oh so sensitive pilot circuit.  I'm sure that you have had those carbs apart but more likely than not you arent getting a good spray.  I would take a close look at the accelerator nozzles and rule that out before even removing the carbs. I had similar issues with my rear carb and after I put a different one in it works fine. 
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

reckon

whats your voltage at the battery with the motor running?

and when you rev it up to 4K-5K whats it read then?

yours is doing EXACTLY what mine did when my R/R went out, I switched it to another R/R unit and POOF! instantly ran better.

is it hard to start now too?
"if it's stupid but it works, it's no longer stupid"

GT @ oh.

Acually reckon.... it starts and idles perfectly fine....... I think kwells is on the right track..... as far as something in the rear carb being clogged.Thanks guys