Main Menu

SCORE!

Started by inanecathode, August 30, 2007, 01:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inanecathode

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/409111055.html

MINE! Back away!

Parts bike is getting decommisioned to feed the mystery machine, i'll fix up the this one.
Woot!

Tank pored already, stator replaced, carb dipped and rebuilt. Neat :D
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Night Vision

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

kwells

Between the 5 CO ROV syndicates we will own all the Visions in a 500 mile radius.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

smknjoe1964

HEY NOW ! Im pretty damn close to that radius !!! ;D

h2olawyer

I think we're already getting close to that!  Among kwells, inanecathode & me, we have 8 Visions.  Add in Tanno & Comatt to make 10.  Then there's Alewulf & samsr for a dozen.  I think there's one more in the Denver area as well.  Then there's Professor Rex, back in Colorado with 2 more, making a total of 15 spread among 9 owners.  We may be second only to California as far as state Vision ownership goes!  We can make smknjoe and Don V honorary COROVers since they have to put up with the Kansas & Nebraska flatland riding.  That puts us in a similar territorial size as California, anyway.  There are at least 17 Vs & 11 owners when we include them!

Congrats, inanecathode.  You even have the full fairing to get that 83 back into original form!  I thought about jumping on it, but I have a cash crunch (with the planned CA trip next month) and I have to fix Tractor - plus, Silver V needs to get repainted this winter, along with the final 83 bits (carbs, tank, footpegs, shift linkage & brake pedal) rebuilt / restored / lined & installed on it.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

smknjoe1964

IF your including me , Ive got three !!!

h2olawyer

Thought you had more than one!  You're included.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

guess Im the odd man out with my mere 2
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

YellowJacket!

Y'all are just trying to catch up with Tiger.  Vision Envy

;D  ;D  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

don_vanecek

bikehandle only lives a few miles into Iowa-pull him in and that would add one more.  I need to see if he ever got his going again this year, we had talked about meeting.  H20, if it was just a different time (I'm broke) it would be fun to meet with you and take two V's out to CA!

Aelwulf

You'd have to take mine out now since I'm in Cali. ;) So far it's seen the Hwy 1/101 combo from Santa Barbara to San Luis Obispo and then some.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

h2olawyer

You were here long enough to be an honorary COROVer.  All the guys who came for the 25 year ride are honorary as well - it's just that I can't count their bikes in our total.  You're in as 1/2 since you actually lived in Colorado with a running Vision.   ;D  Too bad you had to relocate to the left coast - even though the riding out there is fantastic.   ;D

H2O

Aelwulf

I miss the roads out there, but least here the weather stays clear all day.  Nasty fog in the AM though, sometimes have to wait for it to burn off.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

h2olawyer

Well, Inanecathode now has an 83 with rideable tires.  Spent the afternoon in Lakewood (just outside Denver) helping him swap tires from his parts bike to the 83 & vice-versa.  Couldn't load my tire machine alone, so it was blocks of wood, C clamps & spoons.  Not too bad - but the old, used up Dunlops on the 83 were kind of stiff.  The "new" rear Pirelli Route didn't want to seat on the bead well enough to take air for a while, but some force applied in the proper spots got it going.

Inane seems to have found a pretty good deal on that 'nekkid' 83.  All the fixes were done & it came with the complete full fairing as parts - right down to all original nuts, bolts & washers.  Would make a great restoration project!  At this point, it's all cosmetics.  The black duct tape seat repairs are especially classy.   ;)

Took about 3.5 hours for the full swap, but it's done now.  I waited until rush hour ended - about 6:30 - to begin my trek back North to Ft. Collins.  At least I now have a new jar of Tire Snot for when my SuperVenoms need replacing later this season & for when I get new shoes for Tractor - those Cheng Shins are about toast as well.  Great - 2 sets of new tires this Fall.   ::)  At least the RoadRiders are substantially less $$ than the SuperVenoms.  Will probably try a set of Pirelli Sport Demons on one of the Vs as well.  Nice to have a side by side comparison - even though Tractor won't be rideable until next Spring.  It's going to get a frame - up this Winter.   ;D

H2O

inanecathode

Woot! Tires!
Just have to work up the cash to get it registered and insured. Probably have to do it next season, but i really want to ride it around with the obnoxiously loud exhaust!
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.