Tiger's Lucky #7...

Started by Tiger, September 14, 2007, 10:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) I started this thread this morning and then.......it vanished!!! I've no idea why or how, so don't ask :o

I found "number 7", not 20 minutes away from were I live ::) Another been sitting in the dark for several year's '82, black, naked and in need of some T.L.C. Vision...I think we all get the picture ;D :D :D :D :D :D... ;) Run's, sort of... :-\ Comes with a clear title though 8) So it looks like I have another winter project...just gotta find some way to tell the wife, again ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

like I said this morning...... "this one's for you honey"  ;)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on September 14, 2007, 11:37:44 PM
..... "this one's for you honey"  ;)

Tried that with, (#5), "The Black Panther", (last winter's project), and (#6), "The Canadian" my '83 that is almost complete ::) :D :D :D :D :D :D

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Night Vision

Quote from: Tiger on September 15, 2007, 07:46:18 AM
Quote from: Night Vision on September 14, 2007, 11:37:44 PM
..... "this one's for you honey"  ;)

Tried that with, (#5), "The Black Panther", (last winter's project), and (#6), "The Canadian" my '83 that is almost complete ::) :D :D :D :D :D :D

then how 'bout...... "geez honey, you got the last 2, this one's for me!"  :D :D
;D
;D

YellowJacket!

Tiger s saving the world.  On Vision at a time.  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Tiger

Quote from: DaveTN on September 15, 2007, 10:20:51 AM
Tiger s saving the world.  On Vision at a time.  ;D

David

8) I'm just trying to help the owner's of these discarded Vision's... 8) Its like.......a form of therapy I give these people...sort of a way to make them smile, once again. I give them some money...and they always smile ::)  ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Lucky

I just mentioned to my wife that you just bought your seventh Vision, she then asked if you are married, I said "Not for much longer!" lol!!

Tiger just wants to make sure there are more Canadin visions than American Visions. Next he's taking on the Germans....
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

kiawrench

lol,,,, tiger says   "VE haff vays of makink you vork!"     never mind, never could type with an accent ,,,,,
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Tiger

Quote from: kiawrench on September 16, 2007, 01:11:39 PM
lol,,,, tiger says   "VE haff vays of makink you vork!"     never mind, never could type with an accent ,,,,,

;D Vee vont nine, nine or should that be ya... :o ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

ColinthePilot

I don't need another one! I've had mine for almost a year, and its still not on the road yet. Its tough to work on a bike when you don't have a garage and I'm in TX so its raining all the time. I can't imagine having that many "projects."
Colin
It pissed me off, so I jammed a screwdriver into it, hit it with a hammer, and spun it around with a pair of vice grips. Let that serve as a warning

Tiger

:) Just to clarify...I don't actually have 7 Vision's sitting in my garage ::) At present I do have "The Mistress", (#1), Which is an '82 and my "rider" as well as "The Canadian", (#6), an '83, which only need the carbs stripped, cleaned & rebuilt, are on premises.
I intend to take "The Mistress" off the road come season end, to do some needed T.L.C. My intention is to put "The Canadian" back on the road, for the first time in Eight'ish year's, and ride her for the '08 season.

#7 will be here this week and will be my winter project, again, once the season is over. Once she is road ready and "Christened" I intend to sell her to a new keeper. This is what I did last year with "The Black Panther" project. Lil'Blaster, "The Black Panther's" new owner, is having a load of fun with her. He came to the OnROV spring ride, Wolf's OnROV summer ride in Sarnia and Night_Vision's "Can-Am" ride in Syracuse a couple of week's ago 8) 8) 8)...If I could only get him to learn about computer's we would have another "registered" member ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

Vision's 2,3 & 4 have all been donor bike's, that part's have helped keep mine and other Vision's alive.

So, if any-one is looking for a sweet wee ride for next season...Let me know ;D :D :D :D :D :D... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

dj

I'm always looking, but the wife doesn't let me buy very often.  I have 2 already and only one is on the road.  Black Beauty was a heck of a deal for only 250 dollars and I've already put around 500 miles on her in the short time that I've had her.  Once I get the petcock issue straightened out I'll put some more miles on her.

I'd love to have one of the Saved-by-Tiger bikes, but I have been saving up my pennies that I get to keep after my wife spends all my paycheck.  I'm working on getting a belt grinder for my knife making "hobby" that I do.  I have over 5K coming in by the end of the month (reenlistment bonus) and I am trying to get the 600 dollars that I need for the belt grinder worked into the budget before Sarah spends all of that money too.  ::)
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

ColinthePilot

I too spend far more money on my myriad of other hobbies (boats, guns and drinking; never at the same time, of course) I just bought an M-1 Garand and blew $80 on ammo for a range day so I need to save up before another bike hits the list.
Colin
It pissed me off, so I jammed a screwdriver into it, hit it with a hammer, and spun it around with a pair of vice grips. Let that serve as a warning

dj

Quote from: ColinthePilot on September 17, 2007, 04:11:24 PM
I too spend far more money on my myriad of other hobbies (boats, guns and drinking; never at the same time, of course) I just bought an M-1 Garand and blew $80 on ammo for a range day so I need to save up before another bike hits the list.

My three hobbies that I spend money on (when my wife lets me  :-[): blacksmithing/bladesmithing (I've got several knifes that I can't finish until I get my belt grinder  >:(), my gaming computer w/lots of games (I build all my own rigs, YES I AM A CARD CARRYING COMPUTER NERD  8)), and my V's.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

mdskinner731

as far as getting the vision tiger you could do as my dad does when he buys another bike or four wheeler... not tell my mom because theres so many that she just doesnt notice... or u could bring the bike home and say look at my new toy...
"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law

Tiger

:) The "boss" says to me this morning...
"So, when where you gonna tell me about the Vision"... ???
"What Vision" say's I, with a grin... ;D
"The "NEW" one" says she >:(
"Awwww, Thaaat one" says I walking away..."Eventually" ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

;D All is well in the Tiger's den. I wonder how many lives this cat still has... :o ;D :D :D :D :D

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

:) dj...Re: "I'd love to have one of the Saved-by-Tiger bikes, but"...If you, or anyone, want's their "V"'s "worked on" I have no problem's with that. All you have to do is bring her over the border, leave her with me for a time and I'll Git er done for you... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

dj

Quote from: Tiger on September 18, 2007, 07:29:04 AM
:) dj...Re: "I'd love to have one of the Saved-by-Tiger bikes, but"...If you, or anyone, want's their "V"'s "worked on" I have no problem's with that. All you have to do is bring her over the border, leave her with me for a time and I'll Git er done for you... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Let me get a price quote and I'll run it by the "boss".  ;)  Very tempting Tiger.  I saw what you did with Black Panther and I was really bummed for about a month that I couldn't get a deal worked out for her (the "boss" kept saying not right now and wouldn't budge).  She is a great looking bike.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

Night Vision

Quote from: Tiger on September 18, 2007, 06:49:26 AM

;D All is well in the Tiger's den. I wonder how many lives this cat still has... :o ;D :D :D :D :D

9-7=2 looks like you can get 1 more and still live to ride / ride to live  ;D
;D

Tiger

:) She is now in the Tiger's den ;D :D :D :D :D :D

...Dragged her from the corner of a dark, dingy hole she has called home for several year's, unclean, unloved, looking very sad and neglected...Have we heard this story before boy's 'n girlies
::) ;D... ;)

She is now sitting in a warm garage between her two sister's..."The Mistress" & "The Canadian"...and actually looks a wee bit better now ;D ;D :D :D :D :D... ;)

Her full medical assesment will start tomorrow morning...For now, she can rest up after such a truamatic day ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D... 8).

8).......TIGER....... 8)