News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Met the New TN Vision owner today

Started by YellowJacket!, September 16, 2007, 08:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Lucky and I took a ride out to meet Cole today.  He is the guy that bought the Vision off Knoxville's Craigs list.  He got a very good deal on it and its a very nice diamond in the rough.  Of course, it has a bad stator which was the first thing Lucky diagnosed.  The front brake was locked up and the carbs were out of sync and it had a HUGE YICS leak.  But other than that, it has quite a bit of potential.  Lucky synced the carbs and we plugged off the YICS (I'm going to seal it for him) and then we pulled off the front caliper and got it unstuck.  Of course, that led to the master cylnder so we worked on that too.
He's got to get a new stator, and lucky told him about the starter clutch fix that he should do while he is in there.  I'm going to send him a link for getting the brake parts and he should hopefully be riding it soon.  He does have a broken left turn signal if anyone has a spare they may want to give him as a welcome to ROV gift.
We'll keep y'all updated.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Tiger

:) DaveTN...Cole should try Tim Parrot. Here is his e-mail address ... tim@tpe-usa.com  He only charges $74.00'ish for a rebuilt/rewound stator, c/w a full guarantee. I have one.. ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!