Pack rack for XZ400

Started by wolfrider, October 12, 2007, 05:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfrider

Hello everyone, I'm after a luggage rack for my bike that will carry my sport bag. I have one on my CB400 which is excellent and wanted one for my XZ, any ideas? ???
Yeah, there's enough fuel in the tank.....CRAP!

ironb12s

http://www.ventura-bike.com/content/fitments.aspx?manufacturerPK=113&modelPK=3747

I have the PackRack sysyem on my GSF1200S, and the kits for install on my VS1400 and GS750.  Ventura also makes the system for the XZ500Rx, and it is probably the same as your XZ400.
SOC-UK 19744*MIG 821*IBA 9200*AMA 580210
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Book: "She don't look like much."
KayLee: "'Ah-uh, she'll fool ya."

ironb12s

I just verified, the "L" bracket is the same between the Yamaha XZ models.  There may be a difference between the upper parts, but the pieces that bolt to the bike are exactly the same...Y021B

You can see the individual components here:

http://www.ventura-bike.com/content/products.aspx?catalogue=pws_products&headingPK=90&entryPKs=92,131,132,133,134

If you do order, let Amy know that Eric Hess sent you. 

Tiger

:) Contact "Kenny"...Have a look in "members" for his contact info. He custom makes them, with or with-out the back rest. I have one, as do several other's here... 8) Well made and come in a black powder coat finish... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

kiwibum

Hi Clinton
I have a spare one (black) here in Wellington, was going to put it on TradeMe in couple of weeks. Do you have the L-brackets (I have spares of these as well, all are chrome & bit rusty)? Other places to check are TradeMe and bike wreckers (that's where I got my original one).

Did you get my PM in reply to yours some time ago? I haven't had any emails from you.

Steve

ironb12s

I'll still recommend Ventura, even if Kenny makes them here.  I already had the Ventura system and luggage for my Bandit, and having that "one bag, to fit them all" feature is important to me.  The Ventura units are powdercoated, but do not function as a baskrest.  The pack system has 2 packs zipping together on the backs of each, and a pocket in them to slide down over the upright bar.  I rarely use the Ventura packs now, but the Bandit with that rack system can haul enough gear to go tent camping for 3 weeks.  I'd expect the Vision to do the same with this rack system installed.

But, if your budget is tight, Kenny could be the MAN.