News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

"Serenity", a Firefly class spacecraft

Started by ironb12s, October 09, 2007, 05:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aelwulf

The tears line is from the movie Serenity, when River's going with 'em on the heist.  Mal says it to Simon just before pulling out of the ship in the 'new' hover mule.

Now I got the reference, if I'm thinkin' right.  Mal says it to what's-his-name Inara's with.  I just get asked that on occasion outside the Browncoat realm.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

ironb12s

Yup, time to drop some money on the Collector's Edition...all of my Firefly videos (DVDs) are out in CO.  Kinda like the Vision, in fact, in the same storage unit, with all of the other tools.    :(

Later, 'mater.
SOC-UK 19744*MIG 821*IBA 9200*AMA 580210
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Book: "She don't look like much."
KayLee: "'Ah-uh, she'll fool ya."

ironb12s

ironb12s

Dun gone and did it, to the tune of $19.50, Ebay style.  I have the Collector's Edition on the way to me, and an updated/corrected signature quote, as well.  Found it on BROWNCOATS.COM

Now, all we needs do is get a Firely as a Avatar, that...GOT IT!  It's from the cover of a SHINY magazine.

dieseler

Mercy is the mark of a great man.... *stab*  Guess I'm just a good man.... *stab* Eh, I'm ok

You didn't have to hurt that man -  Ya, I know.... just thought it was funny.

Oh yes, best TV show ever.  I started my girlfriend watching it a couple of weeks ago!

Aelwulf

Shiny. :)

I'll have to see about posting the link for the 76th Battalion sometime soon.  I'd add in the MileHigh Browncoats but don't think either of ya's are in Colorado that I saw so you'll have to find the local ones.  Unfortunately although there are two here (at least) they're both a good 2-3 hours away in either direction so not many shindigs in my immediate future. :P

*thunk*
What was that?!

ironb12s

Any and all of us browncoats need to join the forum at:

http://www.firefly-browncoats.com/forum/index.php

Their numbers are small, but between the browncoats here, I'm sure we can build it up fast.  Join it and send the link to your browncoat colleagues...

Aelwulf

'Need' to?

Who runs it?  What's it for?  Is it related to any events or groups or just a forum out in the ether?  Askin' and all 'cause while I might join for something else to troll at work I rarely have time at home to work on the bike let alone surf another forum just because it's there.  I'm already member of one group/forum with real life activities plus a ocuple of shindiggin' Yahoo groups so not sure if I'd get any additional info there.  I'm sure it could be good for some who don't yet, but need might'n be a bit strong for it.

*thunk*
What was that?!

ironb12s

Quote from: Aelwulf on December 03, 2007, 12:44:09 PM
'Need' to?

Who runs it?  What's it for?  Is it related to any events or groups or just a forum out in the ether?  Askin' and all 'cause while I might join for something else to troll at work I rarely have time at home to work on the bike let alone surf another forum just because it's there.  I'm already member of one group/forum with real life activities plus a ocuple of shindiggin' Yahoo groups so not sure if I'd get any additional info there.  I'm sure it could be good for some who don't yet, but need might'n be a bit strong for it.

The numbers will help prompt Universal into getting the BDSequel going.  Check this out:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=U8BkbZqHe0M

Don't havta be there long or often, just check to see what is happening.  I'll PM ya if it's important.  I've downloaded all 3 seasons and the specials of The Signal, a pod cast to Browncoats to keep us in the loop of Firefly and Serenity happenings...

I'll be over to join the Yahoo! Firefly group soon's I can find it...

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Aelwulf

Yeah, I've got 4-5 podcasts I listen to when really bored (not a huge podcast fan).

Far as I know (which isn't sayin' much at times) there isn't a general Firefly group on Yahoo.  There are a lot of local/regional Firefly groups though such as the Mile High Browncoats, Riverside Browncoats, SoCal Browncoats, South-Eastern Browncoats, etc to plan local shindigs and events.

*thunk*
What was that?!

haunter

82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.