What's your R&R number?

Started by Night Vision, October 17, 2007, 08:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Vision

I have a NOS 1982 XZ550RJ R&R   :) yay! The OEM part number is: 4X7-81960-A0 (-00)

Generically, the R&Rs display some numbers on red foil lable...

Mine says 4X7-AO...... under that, it says SH238... they all should....

but next to the SH238 there is a white box that has numbers in it...

my NOS one has 9.8.1

the reason I ask... since the R&R has been a topic of late... is that the one I currently have hooked onto my low output Virago stator says 2.9.5 and I may have gotten from a 1983 (white scrapper painting) Yamaha MaxiVisiRago ???????

is this significant? what does it mean? NO BS GUESSES... IF YOU DON'T KNOW...DON'T BOTHER GUESSING...

BUT: if you have an external R&R, or spares around and can read the secret number... can you post it? thanx

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

h2olawyer

Tanno just retrieved my original R/R, so I don't have that # handy.  The R/R I used to replace it I bought from Dennis Kirk.  It was advertised as a "Rick's R/R.  It is the same as OEM in all respects - 4X7-AO  SH238.

Number in the white (actually silver) box on mine is: 2.N.1

Think it is likely a production run code, but that's just a WAG.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Rick G

At some point in the past, I had several RR's and was checking out the numbers.  None were the same. they might have ment something to the mfg. or to Yamaha but the didn't show anything .I'm going to clean up my storage shed and repack some stuff, I'll make a note of all numbers and report back.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike