Winter Riding

Started by Tanno, October 18, 2007, 02:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanno

Calling all NON-fair weather riders!!

I need to know who is going to ride as much as possible all winter long. I'm talking about 3000+ miles during the winter months!

Do we have any dedicated Visionaries?
Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

Coil Coyle

Tanno,
            The first rains have hit and I'm commuting on the "Flying Pig" Just got a new jacket, a Killamanjaro with Yamaha, er.. Safety, Yellow accents.
            I am going to license Odium's V next check. I spent the registration money last month on the CROV ride.
I'm in until the temps below 28F and the little trunk will keep my jacket ready.

Ah, winter. All the Harleys will be home in their saran wrap and theres plenty of room to park up front at the Tolo and Touvelle Taverns.

Have fun
;)
Coil

Aelwulf

On the off-chance I get my fixes done before the end of winter I will be, but then again I'm in central Cali so not as big a deal. ;)

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

ironb12s

Only thing stops me is ice.  Even ridden in the snow a couple of times (not on purpose).

Not likely to happen on the Vision, however...
SOC-UK 19744*MIG 821*IBA 9200*AMA 580210
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Book: "She don't look like much."
KayLee: "'Ah-uh, she'll fool ya."

steve

I ride (commute) as much as possible during the winter since my truck costs 3 times as much to drive at 100 miles per day!  I try to avoid actual rainy days and icy conditions but I've ridden in 25 degree (f) mornings and got caught on rainy days.  Being in Northern Cal really does help a lot!!!  The thing that stops me from riding the longest is waiting for special order parts-a week or two to get the part and another week to get it installed.  Hey, the sun's shining right now!  I think I'll go for a ride! 8)

Rick G

I still ahve my rain suit , don't use it much here thou.  the season is in full swing here now, harleys all over the place, dam nusences. i love my MAC pipes 'cause there louder that a  hardly ableson .  Don't get excited Ron , I cool it in town , but when out on the road here, theres no one to hear except the odd  "noncomformest " on a Milwakee reducing machine.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

ironb12s

Has Monsoon Season kicked in down there in your parts?  Or is it past, now?
SOC-UK 19744*MIG 821*IBA 9200*AMA 580210
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Book: "She don't look like much."
KayLee: "'Ah-uh, she'll fool ya."

couchflyer

Winter riding?  Isn't winter when you make all the repairs and changes you needed to do in the summer, but didn't want to because you wanted to ride?
1982 Yamaha Vision ~ 1 Black & 1 Red
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S
2008 Ducati 1098 ~ Track only
Sola Scriptura

kwells

I was riding in some snow last night...guess Im in
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

Glad you made it home.  Must have been an interesting ride.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

Out in Iowa the crosswinds were about 35mph from the south. In Nebraska they shifted from the north at around the same speed but had prob around 50mph gusts and much colder.  I found myself dodging rather large tumbleweed for about the last 150 miles.  About 40 miles out of denver it started to snow but nothing stuck so I turned it up and felt much warmer once I hit I-25.  Was a rough ride with the wind and cold factored in but 1k miles in other circumstances probably wouldnt have been all that bad.  As soon as I got my luggage in the apt it started pouring and soon turned to snow...damn talk about timing!
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Tanno

Now, I get to ride home this morning. It's only 25Ã,° right now at 3am. Temp won't come up until about 9am. I leave in an hour. :O
Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown