News:

Main Menu

Stator Burnout

Started by srfrank, October 23, 2007, 05:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanno

The new R/R is being readied for initial testing. The engineers want to test and play with my bike (I'm closest to them). This is to work out initial kinks, if any. This would be the "Alpha test" version of the R/R.
Approx two weeks before testing begins.

How many fingers are crossed for the hope of the final solution?
Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

kwells

Good Luck.  And remember, we're all counting on you.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Lucky

Quote from: kwells on October 24, 2007, 09:21:56 PM
Good Luck.  And remember, we're all counting on you.

An it looks like i picked the wrong day to quit smoking/drinking/shooting heroin...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

Or sniffing glue . . .   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tanno

Ahhhhh.. Nothing feels like PRESSURE does. ;D
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

ironb12s

The power has to go somewhere, or I just don't understand how this Buck Regulator works.  Guess I'll do a DogPile and find out...    ???

While I do that, if you or our engineer might enlighten...   :)

Good news, in any case!  The only thing not crossed here is my eyes...    ;D  If it does work out, the market opens up to all vehicles with a static rotor design at the Alternator.  I'd wager that all but my VS1400 and GSF12S will be in the market for one...for me.
SOC-UK 19744*MIG 821*IBA 9200*AMA 580210
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Book: "She don't look like much."
KayLee: "'Ah-uh, she'll fool ya."

Paul@Sheffield

I would also be interested. I had an OEM regulator that
boiled the battery.

ironb12s

SRFRANKS was inquiring about a price for this unit?  I'd say $100 for one that does the job would be a bargain.  The best price for the OEM unit that I've seen is $165.  Others may have seen and paid less, but what good are R/R units that don't operate like this new one?  Still a lot of IFS in the mix right now, but having looked at the BUCK design, I'd have to concur it as a solution.

ironb12s

Quote from: h2olawyer on October 24, 2007, 10:40:27 PM
Or sniffing glue . . .   ;D

H2O

Albeit, Acetone seems to be the choice of the Visionaries...   ;D

Tanno

There's a rut you're in. The power doesn't have to go anywhere. "unplug" it. That's what this new design does which will eliminate the heat problems.

h2olawyer

I ordered one Dennis Kirk said was from Rick's.  It was an OEM type - right down to the decals.  Paid $99 for it.  The last one I got from RMStator.  It's the same one Electrosport sells for $120 or so.  RM gets $79 for it (plus shipping).

The movie Lucky & I were going for with the sniffing comments was "Airplane".  You will find we occasionally put quotes or paraphrases in just to see who picks up on them.

H2
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Superfly

Shurly, you cant be serious....

yes, I am serious... and don't call me Shirly.
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

h2olawyer

Tanno

I love the part where the stewartess blew up the auto pilot ;D

Tanno

I started a new topic in the Tech section: http://ridersofvision.net/forum/zindex.php?topic=7509.0

This is to consolidate the list of orders.

67GTO

Mrs. Clever talking Jive ;D
" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

Tanno

67GTO

What's your Vector Victor?

Roger Over

" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

Lucky

Over, Under, Under-Done!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

kwells

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com