News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Late Season Riding

Started by kwells, October 25, 2007, 10:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

Well I thought my riding season might have been pretty much over after that last long journey to chicago and back but alas I was wrong.  I met H20 and 3 of his buddies for a late season track day on what turned out to be one of the friggin best riding days of the year.  It ended up being about 77 and not a cloud in the sky.  This being my first time on a track I was a bit apprehensive at first but was able to put pegs down at every corner by the end of about 60 laps.  I think H20 got a bit of footage today but he'll have to chime in on that one.  I snapped a couple pics of his Silver Star V rounding a few too. 
Great day.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

Got some video & some stills.  Will post stills in the next few days.

It was a great day.  There were some guys on super-motards just tearing up the track.  Man, those guys are fast!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

ironb12s

Quote from: h2olawyer on October 25, 2007, 11:37:10 PM
Got some video & some stills.  Will post stills in the next few days.

It was a great day.  There were some guys on super-motards just tearing up the track.  Man, those guys are fast!

H2O

Yep, SuperMotos are ungainly and fast as snot on the track...  I think the higher COG and clearance makes them easily to flick and lean into the corners...   ;)
SOC-UK 19744*MIG 821*IBA 9200*AMA 580210
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Book: "She don't look like much."
KayLee: "'Ah-uh, she'll fool ya."

kwells

Here are the pics I snapped

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

Surprised you didn't get a shot of the hole William has worn through the GTS muffler.  He can sure toss that GTS around.   ;D

I'll see what I got on the camera today & get them posted if they're any good.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

yeah...i thought I'd take more pics but once there I didnt take up the camera so much

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

Quote from: kwells on October 26, 2007, 01:26:09 PM
yeah...i thought I'd take more pics but once there I didnt take up the camera so much

That's for sure - you were too busy going round & round.  Surprised you didn't get dizzy!   :D

H2O

ironb12s

Quote from: h2olawyer on October 26, 2007, 01:31:43 PM
Quote from: kwells on October 26, 2007, 01:26:09 PM

That's for sure - you were too busy going round & round.  Surprised you didn't get dizzy!   :D

H2O

Oh, did y'all get the feeling that you were goin' 'round in circles?    ;)
SOC-UK 19744*MIG 821*IBA 9200*AMA 580210
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Book: "She don't look like much."
KayLee: "'Ah-uh, she'll fool ya."

h2olawyer

Here are a few pix from Track Day 10/25/07:

"Mild Bill" throwing the GTS through the turn.

kwells on his Triumph Sprint (too chicken to bring his pretty Vision!)

Bob riding his ZX-7 track bike.

Jim and his VFR800.  He's driven this track in his race kart many times.

Star Silver IS fastest!

kwells

that last one sums it up I believe

www.wellsmoto.com