1982 YAMAHA VISION 700

Started by mastergunny, November 13, 2007, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastergunny

Is this a different bike than the 550?

Night Vision

not that one, that's probably just a plain ole 550.... there are some jacked up 550's,  but not sold or available to the masses....
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

mastergunny

I just wondered because I see parts for sale on ebay for a 1982 Vision 700

h2olawyer

Just a listing from someone who doesn't know what they actually have.  In North America, the XZ "Vision" was available only as a 550.  In the Pacific - Japan, New Zealand, Australia & elsewhere out there, it was also available as a 400.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Aelwulf

Yeah, I've got a bid on for the '700' crash guards and he said he'd put the fairing up for me after I asked him about it from the headlight post (think it's a shark, if it's full someone else is welcome to go for it).

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

smknjoe1964

I asked him about it also ,Looks like the Sport fairing Ive been looking for !  Its not the Shark fairing !

Aelwulf

Just got outbid on the guards. >:( Guess I'll have to do the watch & see bit now.

He still hasn't posted it yet, just dropped him a nice reminder saying I'll keep an eye open for it.  I'll be sure to post the link if it's too rich for my blood (knowing how they soemtimes jack it up if something's requested). ;)

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)