News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Louthepou's fall report...

Started by louthepou, November 24, 2007, 07:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

louthepou

Hi there,

Well, haven't been posting a lot these past weeks, but I've been busy...

Kids back to school, wife too (she teaches)...

Lots to fix around the house... did quite a bit of firewood (some 20 cords).

Fixed a neighbour's snowblower (I bet he was happy about it two days ago!)

Helped another refurbish an old utility trailer (changing wheel bearings is fun)

Weekend away from reality in a Spa for the Mrs' birthday (yay!)

Acquired some old Lee Enfield rifles... two No1 Mk3 (1916 and 1942), and one No4 Mk1 in great shape (1943), but all sporterized...

Weekend deer hunting with my brother (only permits for male, saw one, but it saw me first so nothing brought back... but great time in the woods)

And... a bit of riding, but not enough.

Have a great weekend!

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

YellowJacket!

good to hear form you lou!  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

louthepou

Thanks Dave,

hopefully the long winter nights will give me more Forum time  :D

Lou

h2olawyer

At least it sounds like you have plenty of wood to keep you warm!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

tben

Lou,
I enjoy chopping wood, in fact I find it kinda theraputic but 20 chords. :o Thats impressive. 8)
Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.
-Joseph Addison

Tiger

Quote from: tben on November 25, 2007, 01:18:21 AM
Lou,
I enjoy chopping wood, in fact I find it kinda theraputic but 20 chords. :o Thats impressive. 8)

:) 'Pou's a Canadian lumber jack, don't you know ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I'm betting he has a chain saw and log splitter... ;)

Are we going to get you to next year's spring ride 'Pou ??? 'cause it's about time yer showed yer face at an OnROV meet my man ::) ;D :D :D :D :D :D... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Kenny

Hey Tiger, :-*
      LOU has showed up in Wooler on a earlier Ride - & I believe you where not in the fold as of yet so to speak !! ;D ;).
        Louis do you heat with a wood stove or a wood furnace? Our main heat source is from a wood furnace (Fawcett-Enterprise) & I wouldn't trade it for any other. It's just a different type of heat that warms you right through, We burn about 5 bush cords a winter -although we are using a bit less as we top up the insulation & plug the cracks. We will be getting  another 8-10 bush cords in log lengths this winter for our summer pleasure! :P
                 Sorry Must go & stoke the Furnace!
                                     Cheers Ken S.   
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

louthepou

Just to avoid rumors tben, (as Tiger accuratly predicted), I did use a hydraulic splitter for the splitting part. (not mine though, borrowed from a buddy).

I did haul many trailer loads of timber from my neighbour's farm land during the previous weeks though, a bit at a time, and chainsawed for about three weekends before the easy splitting part :)

Speaking of chainsaws: three of them, so I can invite friends. One old old Homelite XL-1 (early 70's?) (my favorite), one old Jonsered 510 (from 1981), and a recent PoulanPro with a 20 inch bar for when a long bar is needed.

Oh and thanks Keeny for helping me preserve my reputation of someone who actually rides once in a while!  Wood stove, an insert in the fireplace hole, with a sleeve in the chimney. I don't have a basement (just a 4 ft crawl space) so can't have a furnace... I probably go through about 10 to 12 cords per winter.

I promise I'll make an extra effort next Spring Tiger :)

Lou