News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Ready to begin...

Started by Pojo, August 07, 2004, 09:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pojo

Okay, I finally have all the parts I need to start repairing my Vision. Thanks to Ebay i have aquired a set of carbs, a rectifier, a front brake caliper and a brake resivour. I also have my old carbs, which were dimantled improperly so some pieces are broken, my old brake parts, which are missing some pieces in the caliper, and the old rectifier.

I have decided to start with teh carbs and dipping them. From reading other posts in the forum I think I have the basic idea on doing that. I think at the same time I will do the tank with POR-15.

Thanks to you guys I was thinking I'll be able to do this all without too much trouble. The question I had was about the time frame for everything. Will I be able to do the carbs in one day, if I have nothing else to do all day? I know the tank takes longer than a day but taht should be no problem. Are there any other questions, comments, suggestions, or ideas that could help me in this. Also if you had a checklist that I could go through to help identify any other problems.

Thanks,
Dan

Walt_M.

You should easily be able to do the carbs in a day, really just a couple of hours but take your time. You already have evidence of somebody else's haste.
Whale oil beef hooked!