News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

XZ400

Started by gregs656, December 08, 2007, 11:47:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick G

In cold weather, down to 38 deg. I use full choke  and 1/4 throttle.  In warm weather , when it hasn't been ridden in over a week  I pump the throtle twice  and 1/4 throttle  and it fires right up . Hot ,1/4 throttle and it lights so fast it scares me!!!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

gregs656

Quote from: inanecathode on December 13, 2007, 07:40:54 PM
Well if your idle jet is plugged the idle speed adjustment wont help, just make it run funky ie really slow return to idle (dieing of course)
I'd just pull em off and dip them anyway, doesnt take too long, plus you'll feel the better for it knowing your circuits are probably clean.

I'm tempted, i will take a look tonight or at the weekend. It's a shame as it's running fine apart from this idle problem, picks up lovely and revs out. I will check the idle adjustment screws for the sake of checking them, if they've been messed with it will be obvious.

kwells

ah the age old idle circuit clog
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

Smallest hole clogs first :)
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

QBS

Find my post regarding in place carb cleaner soaking and do that first.