2008 (Ontario) OnROV Spring Ride Week-end...

Started by Tiger, December 15, 2007, 02:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonm.

I sent a few of you(Joe, NV, Tiger) emails. Please reply when you can. Have fun...Thanks.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

fiddlesticks

A FABULOUS RIDE ! Thanks again to all who made it possible.
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

Tiger

Quote from: jasonm. on May 17, 2008, 03:34:05 PM
I sent a few of you(Joe, NV, Tiger) emails. Please reply when you can. Have fun...Thanks.

Jason...e-mail sent in reply ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Tiger

:) Sadly all good things come to an end... :'(

Although the weather was either wet...sometimes very!!! or dry and really windy, enough at times, to have you riding at a 45 degree angle with the cross winds coming off of the open fields!!! EVERYONE had a great week-end... 8)

:) Those that wanted to ride and have some fun where there and raring to go by 8.15 a.m. We moved off from my place on Saturday, which started off with rain, rain and some more rain ::), at 8.30 a.m. as planned. The plan being to make breakfast at Canadian_Lou's church...which we did. A superb breakfast buffet of: Fruit juice's, tea, coffee, fresh fruit, bacon, eggs, sausages, waffle's, muffins...can you say "Mmmmmmmmmm" !!! Thank you C_N, Jane, (wife of C_N) and Rob, (C_N's son-in-law) for a great start off. Leaving the church...in the rain!!...we headed north. Our first stop, for a "photo shoot", was at a Ukrainian church, built in similar style to that built in the Ukrain...beautiful workmanship. We contiued north up to the village of Belfountain, a local biker haunt, only to find that the usual roar of bike's of varying makes/size, etc was not to be!!! Hu...fair weather people!!! Down through the "Forks of the Credit River, a nice twisty road (were I nearly lost "The Canadian" on a very tight, wet, down hill grade elbow :o)   up McClaren and Willowby (?) Road, out throu' Orangeville and onto the Hockley Valley road to the village store, in Hockley for coffee and a light lunch...more food!!!
We continued our adventure, with Lead_Deficiecy as lead dog!!! north up Airport road, River Road and eventually stopped in the village of Creemore...coffee and, for some, a smoke break :o It was now in the 5 o'clock range, so decided to head back to my place...an hours ride away 8)

Back at mine, the B.B.Q. was fired up, beer bottles were being cracked open and the B.S. had began to take place :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)
Lil'Blaster being the butt of some ridicule for breaking down no less than three times because of...a faulty, original fuse box!!! which was still in use in his recently acquired '83 ::) Running repairs had been performed by Joevac and his on-board repair kit, to enable LilBlaster to remain with us and not left at the side of the road as a "casualty of war" ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
At this point, his Vision being parked in my garage, I pulled out the required tools and with-in 10 minutes...VIOLA...surgery was complete 8) I cut out the OEM unit, cast it into the recycle box and installed four seperate blade style fuse holders and modern blade fuses... 8)
That done we eventually sat down to eat, drink, drink some more... and just chill out. The "party" wrapped up around midnight. In all we had covered 221 miles, that is 354 Km's!!! Not bad for day one, eh!!!

Day two started with a much smaller group. Wolf and his son Andreas, heading out north for a long sweep west and home. Night_Vision, Joevac, Brian_Mathewson, Barre (with his Magna) and I, headed out in...yes you guessed it...pouring rain. We headed for "The Breezy Corners restuarant" on Hwy 6, which is on the way to the U.S. border. Once we had filled up the bodies with a good hearty breakfast, we said our farewells and each headed, in the pouring rain, for home. Joevac having a ten hour ride to get home and Night_Vision nearly six hours to his... :o Now that is dedication for ya !!!

The weather could not, in any way, spoil the overall freindship forged at this weekend meet.

Pictures will, over the next day or so, be posted...be patient people ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I will let the others fill in their coments, views and opinion's. However, I would like to thank every-one, a cast of thousand's ::),  for making this such a great week-end. People like: My wife Cathy for doing all the house and food prep' work  8) Canadian_Lou's wife and son-in-law...Jane & Rob, for a superb Saturday breakfast  8),  and to all those who attended the ride(s): Night_Vision, Joevac, Wolf, Andreas, Lead_deficiency, Fiddlesticks, Brian_Mathewson, Lil'Blaster, Bowzer and I must not forget our star...RickG!!! Yes, RickG...you will see him soon, in pictures from the OnROV ride!!! Also thanks to Barrie (on his GoldWing), Barre on his Magna and last but not least, Dave on his 400 Yamaha maxim.
Without them all, I would have had a very wet, windy, lonely, riding week-end  :o ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Night Vision

We're back! yup, we! Joe decided to forgoe another 5 or 6 hours in the rain and eventual darkness.

my wife said she figured he'd be back and never "un made" the bed  :D :D

thanks again to Tiger and Cathy... CDNL and Jayne..... and it was good seeing everyone again...

and meeting new people... it was especially nice to meet RickG face-2-face  :D :D :D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Lead_Deficiency

too bad i couldn't get rid of the V's electrical gremlin, but had a great had an excellent time, thanks for the r.t.e. food was fantastic!

wolf

Wwow! Another great ride, guys--thanks so much to everyone concerned, and especially to Cathy & Tiger and  CdnL& Jane--the logistics of such a large ride are considerable and once again everything was great.
So good to see everybody again.Thanks also for bringing young Andreas into the fold--he had a super ride!

VisionMeister

Kudos to the Canadian enthusiasts for sticking with the plan regardless of weather and having a successful meet. Getting together with Visionaries always tends to warm the soul after such challenging riding conditions.

vadasz1

Wow, looks like I missed a great time.  I don't have my bike yet, as you can still see it's in Tiger's Den, but I sure wish I could have been at the evening BBQ.  unfotunately my 6 year old lady came down with the chickenpox and i didn't want to risk possibly spreading it to others, as well as I wanted to be with her while she is at home.  I'm hoping that I can join the Fall Ride and meet you all. ;D ;D
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

joevacc

Well I am finally back.   What a great time.  First off I want to thank the wives of NightVision, Tiger, and Cdnlouie!!!   These women have taken us into their homes, feed us and gave us drink.

Their hospitality knows no bounds.  How they came to be married to these common bikers is remarkable.  :D :D

The ride on Saturday was fantastic!  Riding with a pack of Visions is quite a sight to see.

In the end I rode a total of 1,150 miles (1,851 km). My V ran flawlessly but I still got to practice my road side repairs on Lil'Blaster bike that was not road worthy the day before! He got it running the night before the ride at 10:30PM and left his house at 7:00AM Saturday to get to Tigers.  He made the whole ride!!  ;) ;)

I don't know how NV got across the border unscathed but I managed to get my bags searched!  I wanted to get the guy to do a cavity search to try and find my underwear!   ;D ;D ;D

Thank you guys I can't wait to see you all again!

P.S.  I don't think Tiger mentioned that this may very well be to largest group of Visions since '82/'83 Japan!

P.S.S.
I thought of a Lymric on the way home from NV's this morning that sums it up...

There once was a man from Rhinecliff
Who thought that his Vision was spiff
Took quite a long ride, NightVision at side
Now he's finally home and not wet

8)
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

Night Vision

nice limerick!

Joe didn't mention all the fun we had at the Thruway rest areas..... there was a Suzuki DL that stoppped a couple times at the same stops... must get about the same gas mileage  :D and a couple of other suckers poor souls riding Sunday....

and the truckers that laughed at us at every stop.... until I mentioned that they were working and we weren't  ;D 

slideshow should be posted tonight
;D

Night Vision

here's the link to the OnRov Spring 08 slide show... it takes awhile to load.... don't tell RickG about his cameo....

or he'll be downloading this file all night  :D

http://www.photoshow.com/watch/Ix4qG5ru
;D

Lucky

To paraphrase:
God I love the smell of Visions in the morning.. smells like....
Old Spice & Leather!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

gotta say, i feel much younger than i did an hour ago! LOL!!!

Glad you guys had fun, i'll make it up there for a ride one of these days!

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Tiger

Quote from: Lucky on May 19, 2008, 07:03:39 PM
i'll make it up there for a ride one of these days!
--Lucky

8) You would be most welcome to stay at "The Tiger Hotel" Lucky...you just need yer gas money!!! The more the better 8)

N_V...Superb show, once again mate, superb 8) 8) 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Rick G

I'm pleased that I was able to "show my face" at the ONROV , 2008 spring ride.  Surprisingly, I enjoyed my time on the Gold Wing!!  What a fine group of fellows, I'll try to drop by next year too!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

kwells

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Rick G

I think it would be great if there was an  a post listing the pics and identifying the various riders in the ONROV and COROV pictures . Who is who?
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

kwells

Good Idear,
I added names to the COROV pics I posted.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

louthepou

Ahrg, once again... I couldn't do everything in one weekend... Glad many of you found a way to ride!!!

I did catch my quota of trout, but I have to say, riding is still more fun in my happy scale of leisure activities!

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Night Vision

Quote from: Rick G on May 20, 2008, 02:16:21 AM
I'm pleased that I was able to "show my face" at the ONROV , 2008 spring ride.  Surprisingly, I enjoyed my time on the Gold Wing!!  What a fine group of fellows, I'll try to drop by next year too!

I'm pleased you had a good time!   :)  maybe we'll see "you" again in October?

Quote from: Rick G on May 20, 2008, 05:29:44 PM
I think it would be great if there was an  a post listing the pics and identifying the various riders in the ONROV and COROV pictures . Who is who?

aww... half the fun is guessing who is who  ;) I guess that's up to the people in the pics to disclose who they are...

I'll go first... I'm the good looking chap in black  ;D
;D