2008 (Ontario) OnROV Spring Ride Week-end...

Started by Tiger, December 15, 2007, 02:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cdnlouie

It's pretty exciting to finally be able to get up and be able to ride the Vision to work  ;D.  Can't wait to see the fellows again this year  ;D.

I am warming up the griddle at my place for a good Saturday morning hearty biker breakfast!

;D

joevacc

Quote from: Cdnlouie on April 21, 2008, 11:50:21 AM
I am warming up the griddle at my place for a good Saturday morning hearty biker breakfast!

;D

That is very kind of you cdnlouie!  Some of us are watching our weight though and bikers can be very fatty!!  ;D
Maybe you should have oatmeal instead.  ;D 
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

Rick G

Thats fine with me CDNL  , I'd sit down for your hearty biker breakfast.  A one time treat, isn't going to affect my weight.  I'll be there in spirit !!! 
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Cdnlouie

I will try not to lead you into temptation Joe  ::), but I will reserve a bowl of my traditional oatmeal just for you. However, if you choose to succumb to temptation like the rest of us  :D, we will welcome you back into the fold.

We will try to remember to send some pics Rick!  Wish you could be here too!  :'(

Tiger

:) Now the snows have aaaaaaall gone and the sunny days are with us, I can turn my attention to getting the back yard ready for the OnROV ride B.B.Q... 8) The "outside" beer fridge was plugged in at the weekend and has a couple of twofour's chilling 8) (That will need to be topped up before the OnROV!!!) The wife wants new shingles on the roof before everyone arrives...time to make a few phone calls, me thinks ;D :D :D :D :D

:) For those who have not been on an OnROV ride it roughly goes like this:

Meet at my place, in Erin, for 8 / 8.15 a.m. on Saturday 17th may. We move off at 8.30 a.m. and ride down to CanadianLou's for a hearty breakfast, (approx' a 45 minute ride). After breakfast we go ride, with a few pit stops for gas, coffee, etc. Eventually we arrive back at my place for a B.B.Q. and a few "wobbly pop's"...party time!!!

Sunday we gather for 9.00 a.m. ('ish"!!!), and ride out for breakfast at a fav' pit stop of mine, (approx' an hour ride). At this point at the last OnROV ride, we said our farewell's to our brothers from south of the border and those in Ontario with long ride's home. The remaining riders will ride for a wee while longer and eventually part and go our separate way's... :'(

I have a few basic rule's:...
1 - We ride in staggered formation and observe the "Rules of the road". (The police here loooove speeder's!!). I ride as "Road Captain" and Big Barrie, my goldwing buddy will ride "Tail Gunner".
2 - On Saturday, after the days ride, the bikes will be garaged till Sunday morning. I DO NOT allow anyone to drink and ride...period!!! So, if you intend going home on Saturday night, you do not consume alcohol or you make alternative arrangements...
3 - Me casa, sou casa/ My house is your house... Should you wish to stay over, please bring a sleeping bag, just in case there isn't a bed. However, there's plenty of floor space ;).

8) Night_Vision, Joevacc and Wolf are "booked in" to "The Tigers Den" motel ;D :D :D :D :D... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Tiger

8).......WAHOOOOOOOOO, ONLY 17 DAY'S TO GO BOY'S AND GIRL'S....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Tiger

8)....... ONLY... 15 DAY'S TO GO BOY'S AND GIRL'S....... 8)

Cdnlouie

Warming up the griddle!   ;D  ;D

FYI: If anyone gets delayed on Friday night and is running out of steam, you can bunk here in Mississauga to save you the 45 mins north, and be early for breakfast.  No "tuck-in" service like at the Tiger's Den but we do have running water and inside facilities  ::)

Great way to start our motorcyle summer!

vadasz1

And if you guys visiting Cdnlouie want to pop over for a beer or two then you can as I live only about a 2 miles from Cdnlouie............................as long as the litle missus doesn't mind having bikers over. :o ;D

BTW my neighbors woulf like to see all these Visions in a row parading down my street. ;D

I wonder what will be louder, a Vision with MACS or my neighbor down the strret and his '68 Camaro RS/SS drag car with blown 350 engine and hardly any exhaust. ::) :P ;D
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

kwells

Vad,
you should charge admission to see that parade
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Night Vision

Quote from: vadasz1 on May 03, 2008, 07:57:29 PM

BTW my neighbors woulf like to see all these Visions in a row parading down my street. ;D

be careful what you wish for......  ;D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on May 03, 2008, 10:28:55 PM
Quote from: vadasz1 on May 03, 2008, 07:57:29 PM

be careful what you wish for......  ;D

;) N_V, Just wot I waz thinkin' :o ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

wolf

Tiger--Get ready for one LOUD Banana headed your way soon...I think we're going to make it! Man, I had my doubts. That bike has been one ornery spittin', fuming, backfiring,incontinent,external combustion demon. Sid and I adjusted the valves (they were WAY tight), cleaned the carbs, put in the carb kit, and fiddled. And fiddled. Finally yesterday we got the beast to hold idle. Synchronization comes this week and then it's road test time.
The Revision meanwhile has been slowly bleeding to death--oil leaks, the worst of which stems from a badly installed stator cover gasket--gotta clean everything, install a new gasket, put some new Avon rubber on the back, and then---with any luck Andreas and I will set a course for the OnROV Spring Ride! Really looking forward to seeing everyone---wolf.

Tiger

8) Brilliant Wolf... 8) The "Flyin' Banana" lives again, great work. Looking forward to meeting up with you and your boy...and of course the "F_B". It is shaping up to be a great ride... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
??? Wolf, is Sid coming up with you. You know he will be more than welcome...

joevacc

HEY CAN WE MOVE THIS UP A COUPLE OF WEEKS??

I am really sick of work  >:(  I need a butt buster of a ride and I need it fast AAAAAAAAAAAHHAHHHHHHHHHH
GET ME ON THE ROAD!!!
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

Tiger

:) I can move your "Booking" at The Tiger Hotel up, nooooo problem Joe... ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

2008 OnROV Spring Ride, 17th - 18th May, up-date... .
NEWS HEADLINE'S...
Ken & Dorothy are unable to make it due to their respective shift's ...(Hi John, We have both had no luck with altering our shift schedules at this time,so as it stands right now we will not be attending the meet. We will try again for the next one . Thanks again for the invite & here's  wishing you all a good time ! Cheers Ken & Dorothy  

s3sriniv , from Waterloo, Ontario, bought "Fiddlestick's" Vision at the weekend!!! He is hoping to join us for the ride weekend. She, (Fiddlestick's), is coming up to Belfountain on Saturday, to look at wee Barre's '83 750 Virago. ( Not "big" Barrie with the GoldWing!!).

Barrie and Barre, (Honda & Honda!!) will be at the ride weekend...

Night_Vision and Joevac will be coming up from the state's on the Friday, (16th), at approx' 3 - 4 p.m. Dave should be riding "Red Skunk"...his "new" ride. It looks fantastic!!! E-mail from Joe to-day..."I can not wait"!  I am making plans with Dave now and we are shooting for a 3PM arrival  time. Should be ready for a "wobbly pop"  by then!!!     jv

Wolf is 99.9% sure that he will have "The Flyin' Banana" ready for the ride weekend...as well as his son who will be riding his "old" Vision....

Brian Mathewson will be joining us for breakfast and a ride on the Sunday....

Art', (LilBlaster), will be attending...and has someone able to make windshield's for us!!! I "loaned" him one of mine to take to the guy. Price will be around $70 - $80.00.

vadasz1 will join us, after work, on Saturday...

:) I'm hoping to ride "The Mistress" one day and "The Canadian" the other...Does that count as two Vision's... ;)

I picked up a brand new set of hard bag's for "The Mistress" from a guy who had sold his bike before installing them. His new ride has a set fitted!!! They are now fitted and look really good...not to big. I had to remove the rear indicator's, to install them, however, they come with lights which I wired up to the indicator wire's...VIOLA!!! 

I think I have everything more or less covered for the "Spring Ride" weekend...Beer in the outside bar fridge, a new roof on the house, new patio furniture and gazebo, etc...AND... CanadianLou talking to "The Boss" about the weather!!!

There are still a few who haven't confirmed if they are coming...(or not), as yet. I would appreciate some feedback please.
I'm looking forward to seeing/riding with everyone, old and new!! Keep the shiny side up... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

8).......ONLY ONE MORE WEEK BOYS 'N GIRLS...ARE YOU READY???....... 8)

joevacc

Are we ready?  I am already packed!   ;D ;D
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
Helen Keller

Tiger

Quote from: joevacc on May 09, 2008, 06:00:41 PM
Are we ready?  I am already packed!   ;D ;D

:) Me to.... :o...and I live here ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
:-\ Don't forget your camera's this year people :-[ :-[