Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

My Baby

Started by achie, December 26, 2007, 02:45:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

achie

Here's my baby

Night Vision

cool site... I hoped to see more pics of the V, but the KangaRoo bike is way cool
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Rick G

Archie , I'll bet that big, round, headlight looks like the full moon rising as you approch at night!I'd do one if I wasen'tso commited to my fairing!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

achie

Rick G - yeah its freakin' bright with this headlight...would have loved to have the fairing with the rectangular headlight but hey whatcha gonna do  ;D

Night Vision - Ya sorry bout not having lots of pics of the V.  have not posted much on my site...been putting y stuff on photobucket lately. The pics/animated pics you saw are ones I've made for www.piwyr.com members upon request...made some web banners for them as well. You can see more here http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/ee298/achiebelamide/

Lucky

Archie,
interested in trading your round headlight for my square one?

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

achie

Quote from: Lucky on December 26, 2007, 11:19:48 PM
Archie,
interested in trading your round headlight for my square one?

--Lucky

I actually like the round headlight...only get rid of it if I get a fairing kit ;D . I ordered an F15 sport fairing for my V...hopefully here in a few days.

mdskinner731

lookin good... is that an oil leak i see??
"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law

inanecathode

Mmmmm shasta cola  :P 8)
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

achie

Quote from: mdskinner731 on December 27, 2007, 09:55:00 AM
lookin good... is that an oil leak i see??

Was an oil leak you saw...no longer exists  ;D . It was from the starter o-ring to engine connection.

Quote from: inanecathode on December 27, 2007, 01:09:39 PM
Mmmmm shasta cola  :P 8)

Hey gotta save some pennies somewhere right...its either shiasta cola or no synthetic oil  :P

Rick G

Lucky, I have a CB650 headlight complete , PM me if you want it.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

achie

Got a windshield for my V. Fits pretty good...haven't taken her out for a ride with the shield yet but here she is:

kwells

Is it just me or is your front tire tread going the wrong way?

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Night Vision

no, that's correct for the Metzeler type tread
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tiger

8) Looking good Achie, but would like some daylight shot's and at different angle's... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

achie

Quote from: Tiger on December 29, 2007, 10:27:10 AM
8) Looking good Achie, but would like some daylight shot's and at different angle's... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Will get 'er done tomorrow since I'm off. Hopefully trace the gremlin off my starting problem then take her to some nice background scenery for some nice pictures.

inanecathode

Quote from: Night Vision on December 29, 2007, 10:08:39 AM
no, that's correct for the Metzeler type tread

Thats odd, shouldnt it go the other way? Just to sipe water away from the tire?

h2olawyer

That is the correct rotation direction for the Metzeler ME-33 / Lasertec front.  The Cheap Skin Hi-Max is similar in design (but not performance) and mounts the same way.  I'd forgotten how tiny that 90-90/18 looks on the front of the V!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

inanecathode

Well if i had it, i'd mount it the other way :O

h2olawyer

The carcass construction on motorcycle tires is designed to cope with the major forces they are subjected to.  The front tire is designed to deal with braking forces while the rear tire's primary duty is acceleration.  That is why motorcycle tires have a rotation arrow molded onto them.  Some tires are designed for either front or rear use, but still must be mounted with the appropriate arrow pointing the direction of rotation.  That Metzeler is NOT a bi-directional tire.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

inanecathode

Well it *is* designed to go that way, but i'd figure they'd want it faced the other direction to bring water away from the center of the tire not towards it. Course. I dont design motorcycle tires :o