bunch of old farts here..........

Started by vadasz1, January 07, 2008, 02:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vadasz1

I just skimmed through the calendar and notice that possibly half the members are twice as old, or more, as these Visions.   

I wonder how tempermental they are compared to their bikes?  Is it true that Vision owners take on the characteristics of their bikes just like dog owners take on the dog's characteristics?

I wonder how many of these VINTAGE members had THEIR carbs dipped to keep them running in perfect condition> ( I guess only the wifies will know that...... ) :D :D :D :D :D :D :o :o :o :o :o :o :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

don_vanecek

Yup, I'm more then twice the age of my Vision, have dipped my carbs three times I think-maybe four, not sure anymore.

YellowJacket!

we're reliving our childhoods and buying the bikes we drooled over when we were younger.  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

mdskinner731

my vision is... ummm 8 years older than me.. sry im not an old fart.. im just a young pup but lucky for me theres a lot of old farts here that can tell me what to do on my vision.. ::)  ::)
"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law

inanecathode

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Night Vision

Quote from: vadasz1 on January 07, 2008, 02:52:04 PM

I just skimmed through the calendar and notice that possibly half the members are twice as old, or more, as these Visions.   

that's because there aren't any cool 50 year old bikes out there... if you had one, you'd know why

wonder what the median age of a Ferrari owner is ?
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Rick G

I'm 40 years older tham my Vision , and I'm not the oldest visionary!!!! ;D
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

louthepou

Hey Rick, from your posts I thought you were a lot older than me,

;D ;D ;D ;D

(got my first Vision in 87, and I was 17)
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Kenny

:P  Sorry your so young  vadasz1.  But these Visios make old farts feel young !  I just hope they don't make young guys feel old..
                            Cheers Ken s. ;D
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Rick G

I am a lot older than you, I was 40 when my vision was sold new  in 1982.  add the age of the bike and  you will find I'm 65.  There are  at least 4 of us on the forum who are 65 or older. NEVER GIVE UP!!![/color]
Rick G
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

h2olawyer

I bought mine new in 1984, when I was 24.  I'm one of those who is more than 2x the age of the bike - but at 47, I am not yet an old fart.  Old fart status is minimum when one becomes eligible for AARP membership.  It is in full swing when Social Security checks start arriving!  I'm getting close, though.  I did stop ticking off birthdays when I hit 39 & now just celebrate the anniversary of my 39th.

I just wish I was aging as gracefully as my V!   :D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

pullshocks

57 is the new 37, so I guess that makes me only 1.5x the age of my Vision

treedragon

1.3333333x the age of my beastie, and like any good Capricorn I am getting younger with age. The bike gets dragged along for the ride like it or not ;D  ;D

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on January 07, 2008, 08:03:48 PM
... if you had one, you'd know why

:) Step one...Get your licence.

:) Step two...Learn to ride.

:) Step three...Buy a Vision and ride her for a season.

...and then you might understand ::)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
:) ...and NO "The Canadian" is not for sale... ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

louthepou

Quote from: Rick G on January 07, 2008, 10:32:01 PM
I am a lot older than you, I was 40 when my vision was sold new  in 1982.  add the age of the bike and  you will find I'm 65.  There are  at least 4 of us on the forum who are 65 or older. NEVER GIVE UP!!![/color]

Dang, I read too quickly and thought you said you were 40... Oooops!!!!!!!!!!
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Rick G

Rick G

williamruck

Quotewe're reliving our childhoods and buying the bikes we drooled over when we were younger.

Well then I can't wait till I get to relive my childhood, there are plenty of bikes out there now that I would love to have and might be able to afford when they are "vintage".

kwells

are there any current bikes out there now that would be said to be 'the one that started it all', that arent already vintage?
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Tanno

I'm 13 years older than the V. Its nice to see the older following. That only means more people that's "been around the block" on the V.... aka - experience to draw on.
Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown