Started by kwells, January 09, 2008, 07:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick G

Probably not , I was given one and traded it off within two weeks
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

kwells

So, with the Goldwing done and up for sale we've been focusing on our own personal rides for the last few days.
Tonight I left work early and went to the garage to do some painting. After getting the rear tires mounted onto blackie I masked off the Sport fairing I recently scored and hit it with some paint.  Got 2 coats of primer, a coat of gray enamel, and a coat of 'sparkle' within about 30 mins.  It looks pretty close to the star silver but still lighte...I think it will be a good enough match for me.
Tomorrow I'll check fitment and mount the fairing. 

The tank POR liner should be cured by tomorrow and ready for some fuel after I get my petcock mounted and new cap put on.  Tomorrow should be Blackie's first ride in 4 yrs.  I think she's up to it.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Lucky

i like it! can't wait to see the fairing done!  too cold to POR my tank just yet...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

zore

Quote from: inanecathode on March 15, 2008, 01:17:00 AM
I simply wont believe that the wind doesnt fatigue anyone but me. 80mph wind directly into your face and chest for 8 hours will make anyone tired.

Sitting in a car will make you tired after 8 hours.  Everyone has their limit of what they are used too and conditioned too do.  If the max you do is 2 hours in a sitting, don't expect to do 8 hours on a bike an enjoy it.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

inanecathode

I also finished Blackula the other day:
Got a patch welded to the exhaust to plug the rust exploded hole in the right megaphone
RTV'd the rear Y pipe at the head (thanks tiger!)
Changed the rear end fluid
Replaced two burnt out bulbs in the gauge cluster
Fixed the stuck tach
Made lower fairing brackets (sounds easy but the right one is VERY hard to reproduce)

Alls that's left is to change the engine oil and it'll be ready for a trip on wednesday :D (251 miles 6 hours = Twisteeeeeeehs)
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

QBS

Kwells all your new paint really makes the tail piece stand out.  It really needs some help.

kwells

I have a NOS tail that I will put on later. Still have to work out the bugs.

www.wellsmoto.com

kwells

so...(euro)Blackie engine is no more.  It apparently was tired and seized.  More details to come.

www.wellsmoto.com

Rick G

Let us know when services are , I'd like to send flowers. :( :'(
Rick G
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Tiger

Quote from: Rick G on March 27, 2008, 01:49:58 AM
Let us know when services are , I'd like to send flowers. :( :'(

:'(  or a burned out stator ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Rick G

Kwells , if you tear it apart ,I'd be interested  in what seized it.  If you are going to attempt resuscitation , I have parts that may help.
Rick G

kwells

It will be torn down to see what happened.  Hopefully I can find an engine to swap in for the summer.  Next winter season I will be building my 'race' engine.  I just need to get an xz400 flywheel or machine down a 550's and have rings made.
Place ur bets on what it is!
I say it was a clogged oil filter but could have been a failed oil pump.

www.wellsmoto.com

Rick G

Our local automotive machine shop,  tells me that they can get rings made. I am going to lug the old crank and rods up there and see it they can match the con rod inserts. Pistons are a differant story . You will probably need a good set of standard pistons and cylinders to match. Thats how I "rebuilt" mine . Its worked OK though.
Rick G

kwells

well I have a couple sets of pistons and jugs that were meant to go into a vision racer
the piston tops are smooth so they will need to be machine to accommodate the valves and increased cam lift. 
hopefully i can find someone to make an exhaust for it too

www.wellsmoto.com

Rick G

Talk to Chimera! about an exhaust.
Rick G

kwells

yeh I was thinking that
hey CHIMERA how bout a pricing of that sucker and some sound

www.wellsmoto.com