News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

First Ride of 2008 - Ontario gets a warm weather blast!

Started by Cdnlouie, January 16, 2008, 11:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cdnlouie

January has the promise of things to come this year   8).  Nice little mild spell got the Vision out and about for a little run during the 2nd week of January.  Took both bikes the Venture and Vision out for a romp as the streets were dry for the first time since late November.  Time to get the spring projects done!

CDNL

h2olawyer

Well, down South -- I'm currently in Gallup, New Mexico -- it's currently 10 degrees F.  Maybe the weather pattern is a bit reversed???

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Cdnlouie

Well, it's certain not to last, but fun while it was here.  Hey, I just checked out your website and bio (I like your priorities in life).  Nice pics of the Vision all through her stages of life.  I have been thinking of coming out to Colorado this year or next, most likely next.  I have a friend in the Denver area and its great having a destination and somewhere to lay over for a bit.  I am probably going to be on my XVZ1200 85 Vintage (double vision) Venture as I hope to have my wife fly out and join me for the trip back.  It is an area that I am really interested in seeing.  It would be great to meet you and maybe even some of the fellows in the area.

CDNL

h2olawyer

It  would be great to see you out here!  There are several ROVers in the area - kwells, inanecathode, tanno, comatt and myself are scattered between South Denver & Ft. Collins -- about a 60 mile spread.  Keep me posted, I can show you some great rides even for the double Vision!!!

This morning in Gallup, it was -9F.  Didn't get above freezing until we were well South of Flagstaff!  Got into Phoenix & it was in the upper 50s.  Felt like the tropics!  People were looking at us in t-shirts like we were nuts.  (not far off  ;D )

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Cdnlouie

You are very fortunate to have access to 50 degree F temps.  I can see a trailor in my future to get the Vision off to a warmer place sometime in the spring when you start getting real cabin fever.  Will keep you posted if any plans firm up.

Thanks for the chat,

Cdnl

Rick G

Hi Louie, I'm only about 600 miles farther than H20 , perhaps you, he and  any of the Colorado bunch could head down here! After  all, you will want to see the Grand Canyon  and I'm only around 150 miles farther.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Cdnlouie

I can see a great trip shaping up here  ;).  Looking forward to it Rick, you can bet that I would get down to see you if I was anywhere close.  I need to come out with lots of time and really get to see the country.  My wife and I have a pretty good deal going, I head out first and then she flies out to meet me. once I've done all the fun stuff I like to do  ;D.

Take care buddy,