Curve Registry

Started by inanecathode, January 19, 2008, 07:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inanecathode

This might turn out to be a fun thread. Find your favorite ride, and on the next time through it (or just use mapquest/google earth like i did):

Count the curves
Record the miles
Report here

I'll start :)

CO 46
197 Curves
18.4 Miles
80% Twisties 20% Sweepers
Highlights: Middle portion hugs a steep windy section of canyon, lots of reverb

Central City Parkway
30 Curves
8.5 Miles
10% Twisties 90% Sweepers
Highlights: 50mph limit, 50mph rated sweepers

Next!
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

inanecathode

Black Hawk to Estes Park (CO 119/72)
207 Curves
60 Miles
30% Twisties 70% Sweepers
Highlights: Great scenery, Epic sweepers

Kremmling to Toponas (CO 134) [Thanks h2o :D]
108 Curves
30 miles
40% Twisties 60% Sweepers
Highlights: Good balance of sweepers and looooong straight aways (get those mechanical legs stretched ;))

Rick G

Kingman  AZ. to Topoc AZ.  Mohave County 10 (Oatman Road) / Mohave county 153  (Old Highway 66)
125 curves  (or more , the map isn't easy to figure , I'll have to ride it again) ;D
53.5 miles  1hour 55 min.
Twisties 65
hairpin turns 15
sweepers 50
Twisties to sweepers ratio, on the first 30 miles is probably, 80% twisties , including the hairpins.
The ratio on the second 23.5 miles, is 85% sweepers 15% twisties.
The 8 miles before Oatman, passing through Gold Road, are the most challenging.
Impressive desert mountain scenery , old mining operations , "ghost" town of Oatman. The part of the road through Gold Road  is the hardest, as your watching the road for donkeys , donkey poop, and trying to keep an eye out on the ruins of old miners shacks and mines. Some of this area has been used in several movies , including "How the west was won"
The part from Golden Shores to Oatman  has lots of whoop t doos. I have run through there around 105 and carried the front wheel off the top of the whoops. Great fun!!! :o :o :o :o ;D
This road is a great combination of  super sharp turns, white knuckle sweepers and  straights, that will test your top speed!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

inanecathode