News:

Main Menu

R/R's again

Started by jasonm., July 25, 2004, 03:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonm.

I have found a bunch of Honda R/R's that are the exact shape of ours. But the wiring has 2 reds and 2 greens. I read on Lucky's site that someone said, Bernard I believe said, just to pair them up as + and -. ?2 positives and 2 negatives make no sense to me. And what about our brown wire? just disconnect it? Anyone else use one of these? Also these don't test out like ours.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

nvdranger

i have a r/r off a honda cx 500 and it had the 3 whites to the stator, of course, a red, green, and black (if i remember right).  i'm not sure the exact configuration for yours, sorry.  did you try to find a wiring diagram for the bike the r/r came off of?  thats the best idea i have.

ken
'82 Vision project.  First Vision, First Bike.
Sometimes monkeys die, Sometimes monkeys die.  It not a good saying, but its a saying.

jasonm.

The ones I found are from an older CB600 Hurricane. Hope to find a wiring diagram?
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

admin

Jason, I'm running one similar to the one you have.
it's from a Honda cbr929.  2 reds, 2 greens, charges perfectly,
much heavier duty than the Visions, especially the guage of the wire.  what I did was based on 2 honda diagrams was to splice the 2 reds together and connect it to the red on the regulator plug
and did the same with the 2 greens for ground.
I did not connect anything to the brown lead on the regulator plug as it turns out it is not needed.
I've also mounted it back in it's stock location. I found it hardly gets warm at all after riding for an hour or more.

actually, I wish I had taken pictures before I installed it, I had a cx500, an electrex vision replacement and the Honda 929 r/r  side by side and the Honda 929 unit blows away the other 2 in terms of being a heavier duty unit.

{ thanks e-bay }  ;)
-Ron