You want power, I'll give you power.......

Started by vadasz1, January 30, 2008, 10:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vadasz1

Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

vadasz1

or this little speedster...............HAHAHA

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/marine_turbine_technologies_mtt_superbike_2007.php

imagine if the Vision could go that fast.............shites me ! !

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

vadasz1

will this fit in the Vision or does the frame need a little tweaking to get it in......... :o

http://www.bikez.com/pictures/browse.php?bikeid=20021&pageno=2

YellowJacket!

The Dodge is so impractical that there is almost no use for it.  Imagine trying to make a slow speed turn.  Or any turn for that matter.

I have seen a video of the turbine bike..I think someone here posted it.. It is actually somewhat practical and is rideable.  Still can't beat a Busa though.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Aelwulf

Yeah, the Tomahawk was pretty much a "made it because we could" thing.  It's mostly just something for a rich collector to polish in their garage.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

kwells

I bet that dodge can still turn...just dont know why you'd want to try.  What a stupid thing to even build.  Probably costed like 300k to get that job done.

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Aelwulf

That's alright, heard the ones that were made sell for around a mil.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

vadasz1

I was just mocking Dodge for trying to make a two wheeler.  I wouldn't ride that shite box even if it came witha lottery ticket..................hhhmmmmmmmm.....maybe if it was a guaranteed winner ticket then meaybe.......... ;D  ;D  ;)  ;)

But that turbine bike sure is unique tho.

YellowJacket!

I saw a short special on TV about the Dodge.  In the flick, they said they really don't know what the top speed was since the test "pilot" did not want to try to go that fast.  Translation: This thing handles like crap!  No way in HE double hockey sticks I'm gonna take it over 50!  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Sable

Actually, the Tomahawk was only created / designed to showcase the motor, not for function.  I don't believe that it was an actual production vehicle.  Also, the Tomahawk is not classified as a motorcycle because it has 4 wheels.  If you have ever seen it in motion, like going around a corner, you can see that both the front and rear tires move independently.

~John
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker

ColinthePilot

I was going to comment something like Sable. The "bike" actually has 4 wheels, and each wheel moves independently, so it probably corners decently for such a pig. Also heard on a motorcycle speed record documentary that at 300MPH, without a shell around the bike, the rider would be removed from the vehicle by aerodynamic force. Maybe thats why the test pilot never took it all the way up.
As for the turbine bike, i've actually seen the innerds of that engine. we had a cutaway in the turbine lab in college. Its a very strangely designed gas turbine, but also very reliable. I wouldn't mind a vehicle powered by it. Downsides would be extremely long stopping distance, bad throttle response (gas turbines take a few seconds after throttle actuation to "spool up.") and ludicrous fuel economy along with idle speed/power. Turbine engines rarely produce less than 60% rated power at idle, so this beast could probably cruise at decent speed without even getting on the gas.
Colin
It pissed me off, so I jammed a screwdriver into it, hit it with a hammer, and spun it around with a pair of vice grips. Let that serve as a warning

inanecathode

Isnt the turbine in the y2k a surplus helicopter engine?

For the dodge, come on guys you'd ride it if you had the chance :P
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

jasonm.

Leno has the jet turbine bike. He rides it. Scarey thing...you can't really hear anything mechanical.It just goes...
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules