08 OLD MEN'S BIKEFEST REPORT

Started by supervision, February 03, 2008, 10:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supervision

My friend Conrad held his yearly, OLD MEN'S BIKEFEST, as usual, this weekend.  We barely got to have it, with  all the rain we've been having.  Saturday morning we did get enough of a break in the weather, so we headed up their.  Theirs not anything flat about Conrads place. He bought this property for riding dirt bikes, and having his friends over with their bikes is what bikefest is. Many had showed up friday for camping thru the weekend, I just went for the day, Sat.  I figured the place would be slick as a whistle, and we'd be lucky to get to ride, but the conditions were near perfect, and Conrad has been working, with his vintage CAT, on the MX track.  He is really making progress on clearing off the brush from the hillside and the track is getting wider because of it. The track is very technical, their's very little of it flat, hardly a spot where you can relax, lots of off camber turns. My XR200R, is ideal for this track, it is low to the ground, and has very manageable power.  The party was blazing, at the campground, and the camp kitchen did a great job, as usual, feeding the people well.  Some of the party goers, rode their dualsport's  to get their, their were 2 !, KTM 950 ADVENTURE BIKES, those things are insane, those back tires are huge, and look like they'd last about two rides!  Those guy's were talking about how they can just pull the front wheel up easy, any time.  One of those bikes, was the striped down, version, for enduro, having only 1 disk in the front, and a smaller gas tank, as well as almost no bodywork.  The whole time there, I couldn't take my eyes off that bike, The head lite is this tapered wedge of a thing that blends into the shape of the  high-mounted, front fender. He said it only goes 70 miles on a tank of gas, so plan ahead.
" border="0