"External" Modifications Improve Monoshock Performance

Started by YellowJacket!, February 09, 2008, 10:47:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

Quote from: YellowJacket! on June 02, 2008, 10:00:19 AM

LOL!!! Just spit coffee all over my screen.

David

remind me not to let you use my computer when your over, that's like the third time you've done that & a waste of good coffee!!   :D :D
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

YellowJacket!

I have been carrying around a fully loaded backpack with all my books and my laptop in it for the last few days and as I was getting it ready again this morning to take it to Charleston I decided to weigh it....42lbs.  That sounds like a lot until I pot it on and got on the scale and realized that with it on I was back at 208lbs.  THAT really put things into perspective for me as to HOW much weight I really lost (I know you lost a lot more in the past)....and it makes me feel GOOD.  I have a ittle more to go before I think I'll be at a happy weight and a lot more exercise but I'm getting there and keeping it off.  :-)
And, the 32's are now fitting well.  The 34's are comfortably loose and I can slide them down without unbuttoning them.  ;D
Now...just have to lose the manboobs.
;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Tanno

Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

Brian Moffet

YellowJacket!

GOODBYE 160'S!!!!  I hit 159 today!!  1lb shy of 50 lbs.  Loose fitting 32's feel really good. (thats 6" off my waist)  Blood pressure is now back down to my normal...actually, now better than normal and I feel great.

Went to SC last week and loaded my backpack with my books and laptop.  Total weight of the backpack was 42lbs which is still about 10+ pounds less than I was "carrying" and the concept is dramatic.  My revised goal of 155 is within grasp but sadly, "The Biggest Loser" contest at work ends the end of this month.  That last 4 lbs is gonna be tough but heck, I've already won movie passes for the last three months so at least I'm in te top 10%.  The top 5 "losers" get $1500.00.  Hmmm...I can buy myself an 83...  I could have "YellowJacket! and BlackJack!"

David

h2olawyer

That's fantastic, David!  I admire your determination.   ;D  That $1500 is pretty good incentive as well.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Night Vision

wuss! 5 lbs isn't that much to lose in 6 days

surely they have liposuction where you work.... donate a kidney?

kidding aside - good job Jared
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

kiawrench

dave ,,at final weigh in,, show up in gym shorts and smile a lot,, be surprised how much clothing will add, esp if wearing duty shoes !!

that or come back down here and finish the week for me,,, that 5 lbs will be gone !!
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

YellowJacket!

I'm at the weight that I wanted to be at to start running again so I can run when its 95 degrees out and sweat it all off in a couple days.  ;D
Kia, I'd go back to SC in  a heartbeat.  ;D

David

kiawrench

you would not really like it,,, is so hard to live here what with :

greek week                    first week              shag festival          blue grass festival
spring fling                     beach fest             first week 2           spring break
beach music awards        hard rock park         spring harley week  fall harley week
memorial day rally           bikinis                    Russian summer workers    german summer workers
more bikinis                    unlimited hunting/fishing   cruise ins       real car hops
3 different hooters  stores  4 colleges ,           more bike shops than banks   corvette week
three truck shows           7 dinner theaters     even more bikinis     

and today's new one  a real estate agent that will give you a new car when you buy a home from him.   yup,,,  is hard to live here year round - i just hope i survive to retire .

come on guys,, the post is all in fun ,, it is a great place , but most of year is really dull
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

YellowJacket!

vadasz1

Now Dave, becareful what you think about.  Remember what happened not too long ago.  Keep your mind focused on your future PA position!

BTW, congrats on leaning out some more.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Tanno

Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

YellowJacket!

Quote from: vadasz1 on June 25, 2008, 11:04:27 PM
Now Dave, becareful what you think about.  Remember what happened not too long ago.  Keep your mind focused on your future PA position!

BTW, congrats on leaning out some more.

Focus....must focus...

Hmm need 32x power.  Much better than 10x....oh.  sorry.  Focus on school, yeah, thats it.

;D

David

kiawrench

sorry dave, didnt mean to get you distracted,,, lol dont forget, apts just 60 yds from here have 30  summer semester russians ,, all with bicycles ,mom and dad's money , and they party most of the week .... oops,,, school dave, finish the PA,,, big paychecks,,, dont forget to do the thesis on bikinis,, uh,,, benifits of pa in family practice ,,,, lmao

"aint i a stinker????"