Craigslisters suck

Started by inanecathode, February 11, 2008, 03:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inanecathode

I have never experienced such dizzying heights of ineptitude with such frequency in my life. I'm not kidding when i say the kind of fuckupery that seems to be common practice with this site would be considered bad behavior in a third world country.
You call someone on something, they say 'yeah come get it its yours'. You show up, its sold by the time you get there.
You offer someone more than what they're asking for it, they say 'yeah come get it its yours' someone buys it for his asking price.
Someone calls you, tells you they're going to come look at something, give an exact time and date and never show, times six.

Is it just the website? Is there some neurotic death ray i'm immune to that shoots out of your monitor and that makes you an utter ass of a business man if you use craigslist?
Or is it that people in general are just terrible at keeping promises, communicating with people, and understanding agreements?
Maybe ROV has spoiled me, but god damn, craigs is full of horrible people!
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Tiger

:) We take it that you don't really like Craiglist people much  ::) ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;) Please tell us more of your tale of woe...

8)........TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

kwells

did spellcheck not catch fuckupery?

ah..there it is...
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Coil Coyle

Every one of my Craigslist interactions has been positive.

It's the first place I shop.

I always meet nice people.

I have used Craigslist "gig" adds to hire people to conduct guerrilla theater informational pickets in front of the homes and workplace of sellers who have burnt me on EBay and the web. Hiring a picket to put in front of someone's business is an effective method to get things corrected.

As a dedicated Craigslister; I guess Craigslist is what you make of it.

$0.02
;)
Coil

kwells

I've had mixed results as a good portion of craigslisters are tirekickers and unreliable.  But in my cases they normally come through if they say they will.  They just aren't good with timelines.

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

Just like trucks i'll make an exception for people i know, you all are hereby excused from my rule.
I've had ...5 positive experiences, and countless negative experiences.

Rick G

As previously recounted , I rode to Phoenix to inspect  a XL350, after  2 phone conversations with the owner.  He took the trouble to drive across town, and show me the bike, even though he was moving and no longer lived in the house the bike was stored in.  I agreed to buy it , but told him I had to sell my  ATV to get the money. He refused a deposit, but suggested  that he would hold it for 2 weeks. I sold the ATV  in 10 days and called him. He suggested he would move the bike from his old home in Gilbert to his new home in Surprise, thus saving me 50 miles and lots of time. When we loaded the bike he gave me a new set of grips  ans a new set of tiedowns , to make sure  I got it home safely.  You couldn't ask for better treatment. I'll send him a pic when I'm done fixing it up.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

inanecathode

An astounding exception rick, i'm glad you've had a good experience with one of those people.
Just an hour ago, the guy who i've just talked to about buying his yz400 who PROMISED to sell it to me, i even offered to buy the bike in fuckin full sight unseen via paypal called and said he sold the bike.
This has happened NO LESS than EIGHT TIMES in the past month.

Every time i come to this opinion (every time i have to deal with someone on craigslist basically) i normally calm down and try to realize that we're all people. Busy people, people with kids. You know.
Then some dipstick screws me over again and i realize that my previous feelings were totally justified.

Coil Coyle

Inane,
          Try recording your calls and then listen to them later.
Ask yourself; would you believe you?

;D
Coil

inanecathode

Whats that supposed to mean?
Whats not to believe about "Yeah ok, i'll pick it up on Wednesday talk to you later"

Coil Coyle

Quote from: inanecathode on February 12, 2008, 12:51:34 PM
Whats that supposed to mean?
Whats not to believe about "Yeah OK, I'll pick it up on Wednesday talk to you later"

Inane,

Before we go riding together, let's try to look at your misfortune one more time, from another perspective.

Carlos Castaneda had been questioning Don Juan about the mystical truth that he purported to live in, trying to report it for his university anthropology degree work. Finally, trying to trip Don Juan up in his world view with this hypothetical situation, he asked... (roughly, it's been 25 years since I read it) "If you were walking down a mountain trail and there was a man sitting above you with a high powered rifle, waiting to shoot you when you walk by; what good would all of this 'power' you teach do for you?"
???
         Don Juan replied, basically..."I would not be walking down that path"
;)
         Perhaps, you have been saved by your very good nature and honest existence from making some bad purchases.
:-*
Hope this helps,
;)
Coil

inanecathode

Perhaps, but a yz400 for 75 bucks is a pretty good purchase :O
You dont suck coil, its just all the other craigslisters that suck thats all :D

Coil Coyle

Quote from: inanecathode on February 14, 2008, 08:10:09 PM
Perhaps, but a yz400 for 75 bucks is a pretty good purchase :O
You dont suck coil, its just all the other craigslisters that suck thats all :D

"Doctor says I'm crazy. Some says I am some says I ain't"
                                                     Robert C. Hunter

http://documentaries.ws/1/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.1511

Send some one $20.00 and maybe your path will modify it's course. Then, let's go riding.

$0.02
;)
Coil

inanecathode

Kenny

Inane I'd say Craiglist has got your #  or has it at least by now. I think I'd try a different site as you may have a happier go of it. ;D
               Cheers Ken S.
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

inanecathode

It's not my problem, it's theres. I dont make them call and not show up, i dont make them break promises, i dont make them write phony checks (as is the case with one of my friends recently).
I think it has something to do with anonymity kinda like driving. If they dont actually see you or know you it makes it alot easier to be an ass to them :O
(i'm excluding all rov members from this stereotype btw, you guys are cool ;D)

Lucky

I have to question your friends common sense at taking a check though....
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

inanecathode

He took the check only after calling his bank and them confirming the routing and account number.
They called back 21 days later to tell him it was a bad check.