News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Canadian justice!!!

Started by Tiger, February 21, 2008, 06:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

>:( This is a letter that I have just sent to John Tory MPP...a member of our Canadian Government...I don't think that I will receive any help, do you!!! This is not a joke, I'm bloody fuming!!!

Hi John,
What ever happened to common sense and justice here in Canada. We welcome all manner of thieves, rouges and vagabonds into Canada with open arms and an open cheque book...NO problem. As a Government, you make the rules and regulations that we ALL should live by...but, again, what ever happened to common sense???
Last year, I was stopped for speeding by the O.P.P. and subsequently fined $95.00 with $20.00 added on for victim support and with demerit points added to my driving record...I won't even argue this, as I was in the wrong.
I paid the fine, a little late and was eventually informed that the fine had an extra $20.00 added!!! FOR WHAT!!! I come home from work to-day to find that I have a letter from some idiot in the Ontario Court of Justice...JUSTICE!!! telling me that my driving licence is suspended for non payment of fine. I phoned to find out that the fine was paid but not the extra $20.00 and therefore my licence is suspended until I pay this $20.00. It was agreed that I could pay by credit card which I did...done!!! But no, wait, I now have to go to get my licence sorted, in my case, to the licence office in Orangeville. Given that I live in Erin and I'm on a suspended licence, how do I get to the office in Orangeville!!! Got there I did and explained the predicament to the lady. She informs me that I now have to pay $150.00 to get my licence back!!!! $150.00...are the law makers in this country sitting on a horse with a mask and gun drawn, I wonder. One hundred and fifty hard earned dollar's paid, now please give me back my drivers licence. NO, NO WAY...I'm informed that my licence is still suspended until next Tuesday, NEXT TUESDAY!!!
I'm a commission only salesman...if I don't sell I don't earn. I've paid my debt to society and I'm still being punished. As one of our law makers, please explain to me, in simple layman terms WHY I'm still being punished and where the JUSTICE comes into the Ontario Court of Justice, because I don't see any common sense or justice in this act.
Yours sincerely,

John Pountney.

>:(.......TIGERRRRR....... >:(
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Brian_Matthewson

You're being screwed big time!!!
Didn't Tory lose his seat last September 10?
Brian
1982 Vision rider from 1991 to 2012.

Rick G

It sounds like the California Department of Motor Vehicles, perhaps their using the same handbook,  on how to screw and piss off the population. >:(
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Tiger

Quote from: Brian_Matthewson on February 21, 2008, 07:31:53 PM
You're being screwed big time!!!
Didn't Tory lose his seat last September 10?
Brian

:) Your right, but it was the only "local" guys e-mail address I had ::) I just had to let off a wee bit of sarcastic steam somewhere!!!

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

h2olawyer

What a PITA!

However, I'll bet you will never pay a fine late again.   ::)

Just a guess, but they probably set it up this way because of scofflaws.  Sure makes it cheaper & less hassle just to pay the damn fine rather than wait to 'see what happens'.  Now, you're paying for the sins of others.

Like all governments, they are money hungry as well.  If they can figure out a way to separate you from more of your hard earned dollars to pay for more bureaucrats, rest assured they will do so.  The more critical the service, the higher fees they tend to attach.  Gotta pay for the welfare / nanny state somehow.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

The same thing happened to me.  Vicki and I went on a small vacation to Rhode Island and stopped in Newport to check out some of the scenery.  We stopped on a dirt pull off on Ocean Blvd to take a look at the ocean before we left for home.  There was a small sign that said "Absolutely NO parking".  Well, it looked like a well worn pull off area and there was no one in site...anywhere.  So, we got out of the car and I walked aroud to the passenger side to let Vicki out.  We paused for a moment and took a picture..less than one minute.  I turned around to let her back in the car and walked around to the drivers side and there is an F'n ticket under my windshield wiper!!  I looked again and no one in site anywhere but it has THIS location as being the scene of the crime.  To boot, it was a $40.00 ticket for ILLEGAL parking.  It came with a nice self addressed envelope minus a stamp of course and says I have 7 days to pay of face further fines.  It also said I could go to the Newport City courthouse to pay, but it was a sunday and we had a two day drive ahead of us.  I stuck the ticket in my console and we headed on our way home.  Two days later we arrived in Knoxville and unloaded the car.  I put the ticket on the kitchen table and the next day wrote out a check for $40.00.  It was late and the mail had already run but I figured that as long as I had it postmarked within 7 days, I would be ok....NOT!  The next day came and I went to the post office and dropped the envelope off at the desk just to assure that it would go out quickly.  Done.
....Or so I thought.  About 2 weeks later, I get an official looking letter in the mail and figure it is a receipt for my payment.  Wrong again.  You see, my check arrived after 8 days (they counted the weekend too...not business days) and I was now again in VIOLATION.  Fine doubled and assessed and additional $50.00 for administrative  and court fees.  I'm pissed, so I make a long distance call to the courthouse and they told me that I better hurry as I had only 2 days left to pay THAT fine.  You see, it took 5 days to get to me and the clock started ticking the minute it left the courthouse.  So I said, "But I paid it already".  Sorry sir, it was late and you have been assessed a new fine.  I had to fedex a freakin chashiers check to them "Custom Critical Overnight" F'n cost $100.00!!!! Oh, and get this.  It DID arrive the next day according to the tracking results but was not opened for another two days, so guess what...I get a dayglow orange letter in the mail stating "Criminal Action NOtification"!!  My car is also now on a national tow list and the letter came form a collection agency!!  Oh, and....Fine DOUBLED!!  Now its time for help, so I contact a bloodsucker....um, attorney who contacts the courthouse and points out that I had paid the fine and their time expectations were unrealistic and I even had the tracking results to prove it.
After a month, I get a letter from the collection agency that the problem was resolved and my car would be taken off the list but the only problem though is tat the list is not universally updated with cars that were removed from it and my car could still stand a chance of being towed until the list was fully disseminated.  great
A week later, another envelope arrives and its a bill from my attorney.  $225.00!!!  Anyone add this up yet?
Moral of the story: DON'T F'n park in Rhode Island!!!

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

Hmm, i never got a ticket in RI or Fla for that matter...haven't had one since i was 19.  :D (touch wood)
the last time i even had a cop come up to me was with Penny on the beach in Fl..... ahem, nevermind!    8) 8)

oh, wait, i met Motorplow in Virgina, he's a cop, that counts...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

ps2/bikevision

well i think i have you all beat. Halloween 2006 i got a DUI. my fault. i totally agree that i was wrong for drinking and driving. there is no excuse for it. i was lucky and didn't hurt any one. just drive my truck into a ditch. so i did my weekend in jail. went to court, got $900 fine and 1 year probation. fine i can handle that. go to probation, PO says i got to take alcohol class 3 hours. fine do the class. then got to go see a shrink, to see if i have a drinking problem. thats fine too. i go and shrink sends a report to PO saying no problem with my drinking i just made a mistake. then PO says i need to go to AA every week. WTF. didn't a shrink just say i didn't have a problem i just made a mistake, it was my young lead foot that lead me into the ditch not the alcohol. then i get a letter from the state of Michigan saying my license is suspended for a year and have to pay $500 driver responsibility fee. then $150 reinstatement fee when i get my license back. damn kind of harsh. but i did wrong ill pay the fine. but it doesent say i have to pay it now. so i figure ill pay it after i pay the $900 to the court. wrong get another letter the next month saying i didn't pay the state in time so they are suspending my license till i pay it. wtf its already suspended how do you suspend a license twice at the same time. so i call and make payment plan. then i get another letter saying i have too may points on my license and they are suspending it till the points drop below 12, i have 13, 6 from DUI, 7 from 3 tickets i got the year before for "failure to stop" which were BS, i pissed a local cop off and he got me good. (long story)

so here i am, i owe $900 to the court and made a payment plan with my P.O. for $50 a month, $50 to the state, and three suspensions, each one going to cost $150 each once there cleared to get my license back. a year latter i complete my probation, and my AA, still making my payments without fail never missed a payment or made one late. then i get a post card from the courts saying Ive got a warrant for my arrest for failure to pay court fines. so i call the court. come to find out when your on probation you can pay your fines at what ever the PO says is fine but when probation is over they have to be paid off. my probation officer did not tell me this or i would of paid the rest of the fines of then. so i get another suspension on my license. that makes 4 suspensions at $150 each. then i get a letter from the state saying that have 7 or more points on my license and got another $100 added to my fine. now I'm starting to get fed up. i know i f**ked up but how long is this sh*t going to last.

and the straw that broke the camels back was another week later when i got another letter from the state saying DUI was a 2 year offense and i have to pay another $500. now I'm really pissed, Ive lost my job cause of this DUI, lost my girl cause i lost my job, lost my apt cause i lost my license and am now back living with parents, paid a shit load of money already, and now a year later I'm still getting f**ked in the a**. without any lube. and to top it all off i find out that because i moved to another state that i have to start as if i never had a license to begin with once i get it all cleared. so my cdl is gone. motorcycle endorsement is gone. wtf guess i should of took a jail sentence instead.

Canada isn't the only place they dry f**k you. move to Michigan and they wont even use lube when they do it.

Rick G

Jeeze, I think I would have traded the car in  !!!!  Some of these juisdictions  are totally "nucking futs"
Rick G
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

inanecathode

You guys have no idea
One time i parked on my girlfriends street, and got a warning paper for parking more than 12 inches away from the curb...
It was 11 inches I MEASURED!!
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

YellowJacket!

Quote from: inanecathode on February 24, 2008, 01:54:16 AM
You guys have no idea
One time i parked on my girlfriends street, and got a warning paper for parking more than 12 inches away from the curb...
It was 11 inches I MEASURED!!

Yeah, got one of those in Gatlingurg TN.  There was a parking space on a corner and the idiot in the space in front parked his rear bumper over the line.  I took the space and was nice enough to leave him a little rom to get out.  Unfortunately, according to the 25.00 ticket I got, MY bumper was over the yellow line.  It was completely subjective depending on the angle you looked at it from and I gustimated that if I dropped a plumbob from the furthes part of my bumper, it "could" have been about 2" over the faded yellow line on the curb.
This crap makes you think you could get off easier by walking into a bank with a stinkin gun.
My sons best friend got expelled from HS in his senior year for having a nail clipper on his keychain with a "blade" on it.  The balde was a nail file and fingernail gunk picke thingy.  WTF?  It almost seems like commiting a violent crime results in less aggravation.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

kiawrench

tiger, that just sux!!     i told yo ulast year to move down here where the canadian population is now nearly equal to the native born !!
   (only thing that sux here is the bike exam--- you have to make that darn right hand u-turn at near stall speed )
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Rick G

I guess I should be glad I live way out here in the desert, I can almost ride all the way to Wally world with out riding on a street.  Some of these jurisdictions  need to get busy on anti drug enforcement and quit screwing around  with lousy parking infringements .
AZ has emissions enforcement , but not in Kingman , the wind never stops blowing here,  so what little smog we make , either  go's to 'Vegas  or Phoenix.
Rick G

Tiger

:) Yea, I got my drivers licence back today 8) and it only cost me ten more bloody dollar's... ::) 

To date this whole speeding thing has cost me $645.00!!! and I don't even want to think what the snot gobbling insurance b**t**ds will want when they find out... :o

8).......TIGER....... 8)

dlock

Hey - I live on an Indian Reservation - no need for a drivers license, and a speeding fine or any other driving infraction = $5!  Come on down...we know what justice is...

haunter

sounds about right.

I got a DUI a few years ago(my 'buddy' DD ditched me for a girl after feeding me ~15 drinks and tossed me my keys when he left......not a good situation!) cost me..........~2000 dollars in court fines/fees + 100 hours of community service + 600 bucks in alcohol classes + 250 bucks at the DMV to get my license back + 4 vacation days for court checkups

yeah my insurance didnt stay cheap either  :(
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.